PDA

View Full Version : Car Stereo Problems

Pages : [1] 2

abrcrombe
01-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my car stereo and was curious if anyone knew what was going on. I have an aftermarket deck and speakers. Works fine, except sometimes in the morning (when it has been cold at night), the passenger side speakers don't work. Front and back. Usually after a few minutes, they kick in... often times when something jars that side of the car (open window, slam door, pothole). This doesn't happen in the summer, and it is kind of annoying to hear only half the song. If anyone could help, thanks.
BTW - both were installed by "pros", meaning it wasn't a self install.

Surfer
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
If they come back on when slamming the door or otherwise just pop on durring driving, you have a lose wire somewhere. If you know how to remove the panels follow the wiring from/to the door and pull the deck out and check the connections. The wire can be barely just lose and soemthing like vibration from driving or closing the door is enough to make it "connect" again. Check the terminals on the speaker as well if you can.

dengood1
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
If they come back on when slamming the door or otherwise just pop on durring driving, you have a lose wire somewhere. If you know how to remove the panels follow the wiring from/to the door and pull the deck out and check the connections. The wire can be barely just lose and soemthing like vibration from driving or closing the door is enough to make it "connect" again. Check the terminals on the speaker as well if you can.:iagree:

wytstang
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Agreed with surfer sound like just a loose wire some where.

abrcrombe
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Ok thanks guys. I am going to pull everything apart on my next day off.

Whitethunder46
01-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Yea, I 100% agree with what was said.

Surfer
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I own you all!

:D

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok, so I took off the door panel and checked the wiring to the speaker. It all seemed fine. It must be at the head unit then right? How do I take it out? It is a pioneer, and do I need a special tool? Does someone have that tool that I can borrow? (I'll pay you to send it to me)

Surfer
01-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Ok, so I took off the door panel and checked the wiring to the speaker. It all seemed fine. It must be at the head unit then right? How do I take it out? It is a pioneer, and do I need a special tool? Does someone have that tool that I can borrow? (I'll pay you to send it to me)I use to have these funky looking wrench things, forgot what they were called when I did my other systems to remove decks. They have two flat prongs that protrude that release the clips holding the deck in. Call up any car audio type place near you and see if they have them or if you can borrow them. Some are different though, some are flat and some are round prongs, I use to only use Clarion so they were flat, I think Pioneer is the same.

If I knew where mine were I'd send them to you.

edit - heres what the round one looks like
http://www.geocities.com/blhobbs.rm/remove_unit.gif

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
thanks Surfer, I'll go try to see if I can buy some today.

Surfer
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
thanks Surfer, I'll go try to see if I can buy some today.1st look at your deck and see what type it takes, look on each side and you'll see two slots per side, they'll either be round like above or slotted like:

l l
l l

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/2n6byiw.jpg

Surfer
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
It's slotted, see where those two metal bends are that hold the dash plate on the side, the tool will slide into those and unhinge the clips and then you just pull the deck out by pulling on the tools at the same time.

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks bro!

Surfer
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Call an audio shop near you and they might just let you come by and borrow it quickly to pull the deck out, heck they might actually help you and not charge you, I've seen places down here that are friendly like that. Otherwise you can pick it up for a couple dollars, though it should have come with your deck? I know my Clarion decks came with it and my sisters Pioneer I'm pretty sure came with it as well, but I have no idea where those tools are, somewhere in the garage lol.