PDA

View Full Version : Prima Hydro Seal Tech Support

Pages : [1] 2

Nick@Prima
06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Hydro Seal will start shipping to customers this week. Since it is a new product with a unique application method, I wanted to have a central location where we can share experiences, modify technique and general discussion.

So post your questions here and I'll be around to help out.

Flannigan
06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Very cool, would it be possible to get a quick video of the application?

CEE DOG
06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Very pro-active Nick! Good idea :props:

I'm excited about the line! I have a couple items in my cart from your line (Flannigan recomended them) but I abstained from pulling the trigger on my cart during the sale. I have so many wonderful products already and plan to wait at least until July 4th before my next order.

Nick@Prima
06-20-2011, 09:58 AM
We are planning a video. We wanted to do something fancy-pants and slick, but we are running into scheduling issues. We may need to break out the Flip and just get it done.

Flannigan
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
LOL @ Fancy-pants. Anything you put together will be great I'm sure! Can't wait to get this product and give it a try!

rfinkle2
06-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Very pro-active Nick! Good idea :props:

I agree with the above. Excellent idea.

I ordered the sealant today, and can't wait to try it.

I like Prima's other products and this sounds right up my alley. (I'm particulary intrigued by the mention of its durability, application on a wet surface and the post Nick made concerning the sealant's resistance to staining)

I haven't been this interested in trying a new product in a long time.

I'll be sure to post my findings and questions in this thread.

I have a really good feeling about this product.

Pats300zx
06-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Great stuff Nick. I can't wait to see the video. This sounds like a really exciting product.

Waxmax
06-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Nick,

Can Hydro Seal be applied after an ONR wash. ONR contains polymers, so maybe this is a no-no?

Garry Dean
06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Send me some product and ill do some videos for Prima! ;)

Nick@Prima
06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
The quick answer is, it shouldn't be compatible. However, give it a try. If it streaks, then they don't get along. Streaking will come up with a spritz of QD.

Nick,

Can Hydro Seal be applied after an ONR wash. ONR contains polymers, so maybe this is a no-no?

ScottB
06-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Ok ... I'll bite as I obviously missed this product and the entire line , whats the unique application/removal ??

dogma
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
I can't wait, I ordered last Thursday. The only problem I have with Prima products are they are too easy to use. They are also so user friendly . Great products and great customer service !

Nick@Prima
06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
It is applied with a wet applicator on misted wet paint. It mostly flash dries, but any residue comes up with a dry MF wipe.

Ok ... I'll bite as I obviously missed this product and the entire line , whats the unique application/removal ??

dogma
06-22-2011, 04:03 AM
The quick answer is, it shouldn't be compatible. However, give it a try. If it streaks, then they don't get along. Streaking will come up with a spritz of QD.

I also use ONR all the time. My usual weekly is ONR/BG/HYdro

When I get my order I will do a conventional wash with Hydro wash then Hydro seal.

After that for my weekly would this work ONR then use Hydro wash as a QD then add a layer or 2 of Hydro seal? Or just Hydro as a QD then Hydro seal

Matt
06-22-2011, 05:09 AM
So, what's it's resistance to dirt on the side of the car, that gets flicked up during rain? I find that this dirt seems to be highly abrasive and kills most LSP's for me just after a month (the exception being UPGP).

If this can stand up for the 6-8 months (even 5 months) on the side of the car against the dirt, I would be very interested in trying it against UPGP.