PDA

View Full Version : Best LSP for flake poppers?

Pages : [1] 2

nothelle
06-19-2011, 11:32 PM
As title suggested, what LSP that can enhance flakes from my silver metallic paint? I've been collecting a few nubas and become bored with the nuba look on light color, so I need suggestion for a new ammo that can make the flakes on silver dance when the sunlight hit and so crisp that they can hurt your eyes.. Car's been prepped & maintained properly....

Another option is to make it shiny enough so from a distance it looks more white than silvery?

In any case i need a new look for my silver painted car without costing me a bunch

Thanks

Dubbin1
06-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Polish the living crap out of it and put any decent sealant on it. They will pretty much all give you the same look on properly polished paint.

ShannonD
06-19-2011, 11:44 PM
And for long term protection, which of the new super coatings will give the best 'Pop' on metallics? CQuartz or Opti-Coat 2.0?
Thanks!

slickooz
06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Pinnacle Sig II really give the flakes a pop.

Dubbin1
06-20-2011, 12:20 AM
And for long term protection, which of the new super coatings will give the best 'Pop' on metallics? CQuartz or Opti-Coat 2.0?
Thanks!

Either or will do the trick. I have OC on mine and the flake is blinding ;)

nothelle
06-20-2011, 01:57 AM
I thought coating would only add another layer of clear onto the paint? SSII might be a good idea, is this a nuba, hybrid or pure paste sealant?

tuscarora dave
06-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Of all the LSPs that I have tried, Poorboy's World EX-P seems to give the best "POP" to the metal flake.

CEE DOG
06-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Polish the living crap out of it and put any decent sealant on it.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

My favorites are Menzerna Power Lock, Ultima Paint Guard Plus, or BFWD :laughing:

Either or will do the trick. I have OC on mine and the flake is blinding ;)

:iagree:

I thought coating would only add another layer of clear onto the paint? SSII might be a good idea, is this a nuba, hybrid or pure paste sealant?

People have a misconception that the coatings are purely utilitarian and don't add beauty. IF you properly polish your paint to maximum level the coating is going to look just as good as the other sealants and waxes.

Everybody should remember that if the paint is polished properly the LSP doesn't need to do anything to make it look better. All it has to do is have great clarity so you can see your perfectly polished paint.

Think of the coatings as semi-permanent or permanent sealants that last a very long time and are basically resistant to most any chemical abuse (in incredible fashion). I know they are nothing like sealants on a molecular level and the manufacturers would smack me for that last statement but to the end user that is how they will feel to you.

FUNX650
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
or BFWD :laughing:

Would you be so kind to post a review of this product ASAP?
Also, pictures would be a godsend!!! Just thinking.....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bob

CEE DOG
06-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Would you be so kind to post a review of this product ASAP?
Also, pictures would be a godsend!!! Just thinking.....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bob

LOL Bob!!! Im the MAN Ahhh, a monday morning smile! :)

Hey, the other two are easiest to apply with no minor sweat or dust issues but it sure looks amazing.

FUNX650
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Hey, the other two are easiest to apply with no minor sweat or dust issues but it sure looks amazing.

So true. But every time I see the words fire&ice I have visions of: snow-covered volcanic peaks; and, of a few pals and me hiring a sherpa. :)

Bob

CEE DOG
06-20-2011, 09:53 AM
People have a misconception that the coatings are purely utilitarian and don't add beauty. IF you properly polish your paint to maximum level the coating is going to look just as good as the other sealants and waxes.

Everybody should remember that if the paint is polished properly the LSP doesn't need to do anything to make it look better. All it has to do is have great clarity so you can see your perfectly polished paint.

Think of the coatings as semi-permanent or permanent sealants that last a very long time and are basically resistant to most any chemical abuse (in incredible fashion). I know they are nothing like sealants on a molecular level and the manufacturers would smack me for that last statement but to the end user that is how they will feel to you.

I should also add that with OC a big benefit that makes it different from any sealant is the fact you can polish it with Poli-seal and a foam pad instead of polishing your clear coat. In theory I consider this to mean most wash induced swirls and fine scratches that are induced are now induced in the coating. Therefore you aren't eating up your clear coat when you remove them. In practice as of yet I have no first hand knowledge of how it actually works out.

Dubbin1
06-20-2011, 10:11 AM
In practice as of yet I have no knowledge of how it actually works out.

I can tell you it works REALLY well.

nothelle
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Tried BFWD and MPL, they tend to mute metallic by quite a lot IMO, and yeah agree with CEE, those two along with WGDGPS are the easiest sealant to apply

... so far my luck has been with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, but trying to get something more fantastic....

Jimmie
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
The most dramatic flake pop that I ever witnessed came from an app of this.....
Wolfgang Fzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, carnauba car wax, show car wax, polymer wax, paste wax, Wolfgang German car care (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html)
It was a black Chrysler 300.