PDA

View Full Version : 151+SurBuf+3401 then topped with Souveran

fredcandetail
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Hey guys,
Detailed a Black Power Wagon today that had its fair share of swirl marks and light scratches and BOY o BOY did 151 and Surbuf on the FLex at speed 4 clean that sucka up!
well it didnt finish perfect and there were some swirls and scratches that remained but for a one stepper it did very well!
So i bring it out into the sun and i can see the remaining swirls and im thinking to myself "its to be expected for an AIO" ... i park it back in the shade, top it with Souveran and then bring it back out to the sun and show the customer and his jaw nearly hit the floor as all the previous swirl marks and what not were masked!
In the interest of full disclosure i did tell him that the wax sometimes hides some of the deeper swirls but when maintened with regular washes in the correct method 2BM the wax could be expected to last about 3 months.
My question is, why did Souveran mask so much of those swirls .. and is that really a good thing or a bad thing?
every experience prior had always been using this on any paint correction service so i really never hid anything but I topped 151 this time as it was a buddies car and i was hooking him up.

Dubbin1
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Whoa you told him wrong if you think Souveran will last 3 months. Unless this thing is a garage queen it will be gone in a few weeks.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey guys,
Detailed a Black Power Wagon today that had its fair share of swirl marks and light scratches and BOY o BOY did 151 and Surbuf on the FLex at speed 4 clean that sucka up!
well it didnt finish perfect and there were some swirls and scratches that remained but for a one stepper it did very well!
So i bring it out into the sun and i can see the remaining swirls and im thinking to myself "its to be expected for an AIO" ... i park it back in the shade, top it with Souveran and then bring it back out to the sun and show the customer and his jaw nearly hit the floor as all the previous swirl marks and what not were masked!
In the interest of full disclosure i did tell him that the wax sometimes hides some of the deeper swirls but when maintened with regular washes in the correct method 2BM the wax could be expected to last about 3 months.
My question is, why did Souveran mask so much of those swirls .. and is that really a good thing or a bad thing?
every experience prior had always been using this on any paint correction service so i really never hid anything but I topped 151 this time as it was a buddies car and i was hooking him up.
It has a very high oil content. Almost like a glaze...

Flannigan
06-19-2011, 09:27 PM
A surfbuff won't finish well at all especially on a flex. You should always follow it up since it leave haze and tick marks. Also even if souveran is hiding swirls there is no way it will last three months, maybe 3 weeks if he is lucky.

fredcandetail
06-19-2011, 09:49 PM
well i said 3 months as that is what ive seen with 151 so that combined with Souveran should last ... no?

Flannigan
06-19-2011, 09:52 PM
well i said 3 months as that is what ive seen with 151 so that combined with Souveran should last ... no?

No, the d151 MAY last, but the souveran will be gone in a Matt of days or weeks.