PDA

View Full Version : Tire & Rim Cleaner

Mike Burke
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I have been using Westleys Bleach-Wit for a while now and really like as a tire cleaner ..... I always water down the tires before I spray it on and use a stiff scrub brush......I Have never really worried about getting in my rims. But have been doing some customer cars and don't won't to ruin and thing....

I haven't seen any damage from WBW but have read that it isn't the best thing to use on alum rims

I have been needing a rim cleaner as well and am looking for a product that could be used for both tire and rim.........Instead of having two products to buy.

Is there a product that I could use for both tire & alum rims ? Something that is safe and not a acid cleaner ?

Thanks for any suggestions

Dubbin1
06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Optimum Power Clean!!! Its an awesome tire and wheel cleaner and can be used on any part of the car, even leather.

IOMCAMARO
06-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Mother's foaming all wheel and tire cleaner. You can pick it up locally at most autoparts store

Scarelane
06-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't use a all-in one cleaner, but I have learned that Westleys Bleach-Wite will etch into aluminum wheels. I never use it on my car with billet aluminum wheels. I use Griot's Rubber Cleaner.

I want to try Optimum Power Clean, as recommended above!!

ScottB
06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
ARO -- great tire cleaner, its water activated and you'll watch the brown dirt float down the driveway after use. I have never considered using it on my uncoated wheels however. Only P21S, Griots, or Sonax on wheels.

richy
06-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Zep purple or Zep Citrus. Cheap and works very well and can be purchased locally with zero shipping at Home Depot.

bigaizsosexy
06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Optimum Power Clean!!! Its an awesome tire and wheel cleaner and can be used on any part of the car, even leather.

Dwayne and his OPT POWER CLEAN!! I HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY AFTER MY APC+ Runs out!!

Dubbin1
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Dwayne and his OPT POWER CLEAN!! I HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY AFTER MY APC+ Runs out!!

Yeah you would think I worked for Optimum :D

It's just a product that I feel really excels over anything else like it.

forrest@mothers
06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Mother's foaming all wheel and tire cleaner. You can pick it up locally at most autoparts store

We don't recommend Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner for non-coated aluminum rims (which includes billet and polished aluminum) as there is a chance of it staining the aluminum surface.

We suggest our new 06024 Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/product/images/06024.jpg