PDA

View Full Version : Foam Pads for Flex PE14-2-150

mcpp66
06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm looking to get some pads for my Flex rotary and I'm a rotary noob so I need some advice from you guys. Since Flex says this polisher works best with 7" pads that's what I'm going to go with. Unless there are some pads I've missed, that leaves with a choice between Meguiar's 7" Soft Buff pads and the Lake Country 7" Kompressor pads. What are your opinions of those pads? Which do you recommend?

IID
06-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I use ALL different size pads with both my Flex rotaries (PE/3403) and never had an issue.I match my size pads with the size of panel i'm correcting.
IMO,you don't have to limit yourself to just a 7".But if your staying with 7"pads,I have tons of Kompressor pads and thery work well for me.

Rsurfer
06-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I use ALL different size pads with both my Flex rotaries (PE/3403) and never had an issue.I match my size pads with the size of panel i'm correcting.
IMO,you don't have to limit yourself to just a 7".But if your staying with 7"pads,I have tons of Kompressor pads and thery work well for me.
:iagree:on the Kompressor pads for rotaries. I personally like a 6" pad.

mcpp66
06-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not limiting myself because I want to, it's just that after my next order I'm going to have to cool it with purchases for a while. Since Flex has stated that this polisher is intended for 7" pads that's what I'm going to go with. I could save money by going with the Kompressor pads since I can buy them in a six pack, but before I do I just want to get as many opinions as I can regarding both pads.

Perfections
06-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Personally I really like the meg's soft buff 2.0 on the rotary with the backing plate already made for there use.

C. Charles Hahn
06-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Personally I really like the meg's soft buff 2.0 on the rotary with the backing plate already made for there use.

:iagree:

next gen detail
06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
ive been using the 6.5 ccs pads on mine.... i dont really like the ccs pads but the size has been great to work with. i just ordered some more 6 inch kompressor pads as i only have the 7 inch purple one that i got with my flex, so im hoping that i will have better luck with the other colors.