PDA

View Full Version : What microfibers?

Jimmie
06-19-2011, 09:07 AM
It's been awhile and things have changed, especially the MF choices. Almost all of my microfibers were stolen. Left me the old stained ones so I need to place an order. What are you guys favorites for each job like drying; glass; wax/polish removal; buffing; etc?

snowking724
06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Cobra Guzzlers for drying and Pakshak's for everything else.

silverfox
06-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Drying... Mothers soft drying towel. After that... CG monster blues, Detailed Image great whites. I like heft to my MF towels and not the kind that slip out of your hands unless you're wearing MF gloves.

panthercz
06-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Poorboys DMT for polish and LSP.
Dragonfiber "general purpose" gray microfibers for interior and glass. They are plush and do NOT lint, plus very cost effective.
Cobra waffle weave guzzler for drying.

I hear good things about PakShak microfibers but have never tried them. As long as they don't lint and stay soft they should be good. Any microfiber I've bought that lints is sent to wheel duty.

kronos
06-19-2011, 09:56 AM
They stole your towels!!! Who would do such a thing?

I've read from a few people who have tried both Pakshacks and Poorboys DMTs. It seems they favor DMTs by a landslide, especially after a couple of washes. I own the Cobra Jr's 600. They're ok, but it could just be me. I haven't done the CD test with them yet, I just assumed they would be great. So far they've been good, not great and they can be a little grabby.

galaxy
06-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Another vote for PakShack.

slickooz
06-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Costco MF. I would of never have bought them but someone gave me one. I really like how soft they are and its very cheap.

I use them on my car and don't think these will cause scratches.

rwright
06-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I really like the Griot's Garage Wax Removal towels (white), PakShak Ultra Edgeless, PakShak Ultra Plush, and the green and orange Sam's Club (Pro Force) towels.

Sent using Tapatalk

C. Charles Hahn
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
and the green and orange Sam's Club (Pro Force) towels.

I use a TON of these. My Sam's stocks them in green, orange, yellow, and blue. Most of mine are blue.

Also have a few of the Costco towels, but I don't like them as well -- they're not as soft and I hate having to remove tags.

ScottB
06-19-2011, 12:22 PM
The Sonus towels instock are nice, edgeless too, and dont forget the Guzzlers.

slickooz
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
I had the Sam's club one but I think the Costco one are better.

rfinkle2
06-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I got a black towel from Autogeek a while back as a freebie when I bought some of the new line of Detailers pro series.

Does anyone know who makes that towel, and if so, do they make them in a light color?

I just had the chance to use it for the first time, and it could very well be my favorite towel.

ScottB
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I got a black towel from Autogeek a while back as a freebie when I bought some of the new line of Detailers pro series.

Does anyone know who makes that towel, and if so, do they make them in a light color?

I just had the chance to use it for the first time, and it could very well be my favorite towel.

Microfiber Wheel Detailing Towel, wheel buffing towel, all wheel towel, utility towel, shop towel (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-wheel-towel.html)

rfinkle2
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Microfiber Wheel Detailing Towel, wheel buffing towel, all wheel towel, utility towel, shop towel (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-wheel-towel.html)

Thanks. I would easily use this towel on my paint.

It may not be the longest nap, but they don't lint and ultra high quality.

DejaVu
06-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Meguiars Supreme Shine towels are great for wax removal, quick detailer application, cleaning dashboards and interior, and emergency bird bomb removal with a waterless wash. I've never seen a scratch come from one of them.