PDA

View Full Version : blk truck +water spots

23seacraft
06-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Got this truck in Mar. ,this is the first new veh. Ive ever owned,blk silverado.The sprnklers have been hittin it for about 3 weeks now.Tried vinegar bath followed by Meg cleaner wax. I'm not too happy w results,the cleaner wax seemed to work in a couple spots ,but it didnt come w enuff elbow grease.I guess I'd like to hear from someone one w exp. that a buffin mach will do the trick.I'm leary about spendin the $ and messin my truck up.

pfix
06-19-2011, 08:43 AM
The vinegar needs time to dwell on the paint before you wash it off. Not sure if you used it that way or not. Also the panels need to be cool and in the shade/garaged when you apply the vinegar. I would try the vinegar diluted 1:1 first.

There are products made for removing water spots. There have been a few recent threads that discuss some of these products.DG makes a water spot remover.
Duragloss Water Spot Remover (WSR) #505 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-water-spot-remover.html)

23seacraft
06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks Paul, I will try Duragloss.I was in the shade Fri w the vinegar, but it was hot, I did notice it acted diff on diff areas, prob cooler areas, can't wait to get duragloss stuff, spots r drivin me crazy