PDA

View Full Version : p21s, the next day

bk2nrml
06-19-2011, 12:22 AM
i decided to take on my g/f's white pearl acura mdx today. ive done a lot of cars over the years, but this thing, on the outside,had the dirtiest paint ive ever seen. i could literally see black specks in the paint. i washed twice with dawn and then attacked it with clay. 3 bars later, i thought i had gotten the vast majority of it. i washed it again and then hit it with the p21s. i went thru 7 orange pads. 7 pads the were more black than orange. finally got it to where the pads started looking more orange than black and it was dark outside. 100 degrees and 90% rh and i had given out. 9 hours later and there was just no way i could do anymore. anyway, she didnt want to leave her car here. she wanted to take it home. so, its outside tonight. my question is, tomorrow im going to get it finished up. i know that i have to wash it since its been outside over night. do i use just plain water or should i use some dodo btbm before i continue on ? after i wash, should i reapply cleanser again or can i go ahead to some sealant and then layer some wax on ?

thanks