PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Gold Clas Wax

SinNameOn
01-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Is it good for use or not? There's no exp. date.

abrcrombe
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
You can use it, but there are better options out there. Paste wax can crack, and it is normal.

SinNameOn
01-17-2007, 12:21 PM
You can use it, but there are better options out there. Paste wax can crack, and it is normal.

Thanks for your answer. Yes I know about better options but unfotunatelly I can't afford it this time :(

Mike T
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I used the liquid version for a long time. It's a good OTC wax.

Gary Sword
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I would use it especially since the cost of living seems high in Poland compared to the wages. Good luck with it.

SinNameOn
01-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I would use it especially since the cost of living seems high in Poland compared to the wages. Good luck with it.
Yeah...In spite of delivery costs from US I didn't confirm my order on AG :( (sorry guys). While I can't afford Souveran i decided to order few things on Meguiar's polish website. The products were more expensive than in US but with 10% off and small delivery costs it was a good deal for me.
Now I can try american quality products ;). Strange thing is that towell I've ordered has been taken from bulk :)

My first set is Meg's
1) Gold Class Shampoo and cond.
2) Gold Class paste Wax (25% more free) with foam aplicator (I saw it first time, so I was a little bit confused about what should it look like)
3) Supreme Shine Microfibre towell
4) Gold Class Dash Wipe (free gift)

I can't tell you how I'm happy with that things :)

Grimm
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, the Gold Class is a pretty good wax. Up until getting more into detailing this fall I had been using it for a couple years. I'm happier with the Nattys Blue and Collinite that I have now, but the GC is nothing to shun either.

justin_murphy
01-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Take a pot and put some water in it. Then put the tin of wax in it. It will float. Now put it on the stove and bring to a boil. As soon it starts to boil, turn the heat off and let sit. The wax will melt and then resolidify looking all nice and new again.

One thing, Gold Class stinks like none other during this process.

You're warned!

LOL!

Let us know your results.

Truls
01-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Meguiars is not an bad option, never used much from the GC series, the MG series and NXT line works well, the MFs from Megs are good.

SinNameOn
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Take a pot and put some water in it. Then put the tin of wax in it. It will float. Now put it on the stove and bring to a boil. As soon it starts to boil, turn the heat off and let sit. The wax will melt and then resolidify looking all nice and new again.

One thing, Gold Class stinks like none other during this process.

You're warned!

LOL!

Let us know your results.

Wax and high temperature...are you sure ?

justin_murphy
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Wax and high temperature...are you sure ?

I do this all of the time. I hate the bowl effect that happens from rubbing your pad into the container!