PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Blue!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Traded my Beloved XLR in today on a new Audi A5 Cabriolet. Mrs OT has MS and Fibro Myalga and the XLR just wasnt comfortable anymore for her. love her too much to trade her in and not sure I could handle a new model. I like the A5 better too. Much more room and I dontt look into w a windshield top pillar. Color is Quartz Gray or something. I have missed my old ragtops and now I have one again. Anyone know what to expect from 2011 Audi paint? I suspect it is hard but dont know. TIA!

C. Charles Hahn
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Wow, Jim... sad to see the XLR go but congrats on the new toy!

Porsche Pilot
06-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the new ride Jim! Yeah, its hard but manageable. Like most Europeans, you have to beat them into submission. French cars give up pretty easy but those Audi's can be tenacious. You are gonna love it!

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Congrats on the new ride Jim! Yeah, its hard but manageable. Like most Europeans, you have to beat them into submission. French cars give up pretty easy but those Audi's can be tenacious. You are gonna love it!

thanks Ed! I got ceramic on the Ford. I am glad it is hard clear. It seems to be a very well built machine. The most expensive 2.0 L powered car I ever bought. AWD seeems awesome and an 8 speed transmission. We will take her into the hills tomorrow with the top down!

Dr Oldz
06-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Congrats Jim! Best of luck with the new ride. I hope Mrs OT enjoys it as much as you will.

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow, Jim... sad to see the XLR go but congrats on the new toy!
Thanks Charly! I will miss her but look forward to the new adventure of an Audi!

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Congrats Jim! Best of luck with the new ride. I hope Mrs OT enjoys it as much as you will.

I think she already does!

dougaross
06-18-2011, 10:05 PM
As a 2008 A6 owner all I can say is YUM!!! If the paint is like mine - HARD

edit: M105 with cyan works great

Audi X2
06-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Jim,

Congratulations! My 2011 S4 is also Quartz Gray and the clear is pretty hard. Our Q5 is similiar as well, but I have never had too much of a problem polishing either one.

jpegs13
06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Good luck with the new ride Jim.

DARK HORSE
06-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow Jim...:eek: Sorry to hear of you loss buddy (I know how much you loved her). However there is no better reason to have done it, I also know how much you love Mrs. OT...:props:
Congrats on the new ride, also a VERY sweet ride!!!

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Jim,

Congratulations! My 2011 S4 is also Quartz Gray and the clear is pretty hard. Our Q5 is similiar as well, but I have never had too much of a problem polishing either one.

Good luck with the new ride Jim.
Thanks all!

CEE DOG
06-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Jim, I'm so happy for you and Mrs. O!!!! I know you guys are going to make many more great memories to add to those of Blue!! Enjoy your drive tomorrow buddy! Im the MAN

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Wow Jim...:eek: Sorry to hear of you loss buddy (I know how much you loved her). However there is no better reason to have done it, I also know how much you love Mrs. OT...:props:
Congrats on the new ride, also a VERY sweet ride!!!
I think it is going to be a real funn car in the hills!

Old Tiger
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Jim, I'm so happy for you and Mrs. O!!!! I know you guys are going to make many more great memories to add to those of Blue!! Enjoy your drive tomorrow buddy! Im the MAN
Thanks buddy. Now we can talk ragtops too! Enjoyed the article!