PDA

View Full Version : what glaze is VERY GOOD with hiding imperfections?

jamores23
06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
im looking at pb black hole, prima amiga.. any other suggestions?

Rsurfer
06-18-2011, 06:15 PM
im looking at pb black hole, prima amiga.. any other suggestions?
Wet Glaze

Mike @ einszett
06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Our einszett PolishWax has concealers in it that will hide holograms, clouding and light swirl marks. But it really brings out the depth in the paint finish. Here's the link: 1Z Einszett Polish Wax, formerly Metallic Polish Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-polish-wax.html)

Flannigan
06-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Prima Amigo /thread.

Waxmax
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I've used many glazes and really never found one that concealed light imperfections work real well.

The best to me is Amigo. Wet Glaze and Black Hole are others that are okay. Wet Glaze (non AG product) has no cleaners and can be applied under or over any LSPs (carnuaba or polymer).

Griot has one also that I have not used.

jamores23
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
would amiga remove swirls via machine?

fech
06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I like pb black hole. Always seems to work good.

BillE
06-19-2011, 07:09 AM
There's always Meg M-7.

Bill

Dubbin1
06-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Whatever you choose to use make sure you apply it with a DA, it makes all the difference.

Flannigan
06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
would amiga remove swirls via machine?
If used on a polishing pad it can remove some imperfections, but don't expect heavy correction from it.

Waxmax
06-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Amigo is a nice product, but I consider it more of a cleaner/glaze with light concealing capability, not really for swirl removal. It is very easy to use.

jamores23
06-19-2011, 11:45 AM
yeah what im really looking for is to be able to do a 1 step correction for heavy volume of cars and then glaze it over to hid any left over imperfections then wax.

ShineTimeDetail
06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
What will your 1 step consist of?

FUNX650
06-19-2011, 12:24 PM
yeah what im really looking for is to be able to do a 1 step correction for heavy volume of cars and then glaze it over to hid any left over imperfections then wax.

....a 1 step correction: By this do you mean a "polishing" correction step--followed by a glaze step, then a wax step?

If so, it seems, IMO, like it would depend on the "kinds", and amount, of imperfections you are satisfied with removing, or not removing, at the polishing step with the polish you have chosen to use for your volume business.

If I was one of your volume business' customers that you serviced in this manner; and, after the first good rain and/or car-washing removed the wax and glaze to reveal those imperfections that you left behind and "covered up"; then, once word of this spread, you would probably soon realize a dramatic decrease in your customer base.

{This scenario, of course, would only be if full disclosure of your detailng methods were not available to the customers upon your initial evaluation/correctability of the customers' vehicles.}

I've seen others post: "Do it right or don't do it at all"!!

I'll add: Unless you are going to tell customers otherwise, and they then agree............Bob

Dubbin1
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
....a 1 step correction: By this do you mean a "polishing" correction step--followed by a glaze step, then a wax step?

If so, it seems, IMO, like it would depend on the "kinds", and amount, of imperfections you are satisfied with removing, or not removing, at the polishing step with the polish you have chosen to use for your volume business.

If I was one of your volume business' customers that you serviced in this manner; and, after the first good rain and/or car-washing removed the wax and glaze to reveal those imperfections that you left behind and "covered up"; then, once word of this spread, you would probably soon realize a dramatic decrease in your customer base.

{This scenario, of course, would only be if full disclosure of your detailng methods were not available to the customers upon your initial evaluation/correctability of the customers' vehicles.}

I've seen others post: "Do it right or don't do it at all"!!

I'll add: Unless you are going to tell customers otherwise, and they then agree............Bob

:iagree: 100%

Heck 99% of the people would be just as happy and never notice a difference if you didn't glaze it. Just get a great AIO like Poli-Seal and make your life and the job easier.