PDA

View Full Version : car pro iron X or Clay Bar

Pages : [1] 2

zas
06-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Considering i give the car a good wash and use Iron X by car pro, do i still need to use a clay to remove contamination.

Any tips on a good clay bar?
i've used pinnacle and wolfgang clay bar, i am not happy with them...

embolism
06-18-2011, 03:58 PM
yes

iron x only dissolves iron, not stuff like tar, sap, overspray etc...

Mother's is a good otc med grade claybar.

soak it in hot water to keep it malleable...

zas
06-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Thank you :)

james_death
06-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Def clay.
I Use the clay first then iron-X just incase any iron contamination is hiding under something else....:xyxthumbs:

zas
06-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Def clay.
I Use the clay first then iron-X just incase any iron contamination is hiding under something else....:xyxthumbs:

:dblthumb2:

embolism
06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Def clay.

never considered that, james

I always used it first b/c it was supposed to make claying easier and keep it from getting contaminated with iron.

hmmm, maybe that would be the case for regular cars that aren't well cared for but for AG member cars, your method sounds better!

zas
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Killer !!!!!!!!

Both make sence.
will this be a safe option

ironX soap instead of a regular regular car shampoo
clay bar
IronX..

if i am not wrong before ironX was intorduced clay bar was the only way of getting rid of contamination

Feed back please

embolism
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Avi has said that the soap gel is more for maintenance as it is not as strong as the iron x itself. I think if you are doing your well maintained car, then one or the other is sufficient.

Try it though. If you don't notice any additional reaction then you know you don't need to use it after claying...

If I had a white car, I might even try spraying iron x after polishing, just before I washed the car of all the oils...

Scarelane
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Clay first, then Iron X.

C. Charles Hahn
07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Clay first, then Iron X.

I'd suggest the opposite, myself.... IronX makes claying go faster and allows the clay to last longer.

qaz393
07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
im sure the soap undiluted can clean better than the spray.....

James K
07-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I'd suggest the opposite, myself.... IronX makes claying go faster and allows the clay to last longer.

That's what I do. Iron x then clay.

embolism
07-03-2011, 11:00 PM
im sure the soap undiluted can clean better than the spray.....

depends on what you mean by clean. If you mean iron, then no -- Avi has said the soap is more of a maintenance type product. It is not stronger than the spray.

Avi@CarPro
07-04-2011, 10:53 AM

yes, correct , ironx and de-taring first , then clay
this will ensure longer life for your clay and less marring posibility your car paint

Avi

james_death
07-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Im not sure what is meant by clay lasting longer as i throw mine as soon as over contaminated if not too bad i will save for wheels but i dont use the same clay again and again.
As mentioned iron-x soap for maintenance once your on top of the contamination.