PDA

View Full Version : first possible contract?

jamores23
06-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I just got a call from some own who owns a private dealership who specializes in dualies and large trucks/suvs . he wants me to remove some light scratches and could bring me a few more vehicles and become a weekly customer. He also wants me to remove oxidation from his chrome wheels, will opt metal polish do a good job on that? how should i price him?

mg6045
06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
For heavy duty oxidation my go to 1 step metal product is Collonite Metal Wax. This stuff will remove tar, oxidation and clean up with a very clear finish. It also lays down significant protection. I honestly think the clarity is very similar to some of the best products I have for metal.

Now if I was to just use a traditional metal polish like Optimum's new or old formula, I would have to use Stoners Tarminator to remove the tar and black dots first. As any other metal polish with just polish right on top of these black dots. The Collonite removes these tar and soot dots with ease.

does anyone else agree with this after trying the collonite ?? This product turned out to be a hidden gem for me. As I have never really seen it referenced in professional detalers writeups.

Collinite Metal Wax # 850 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-metal-wax.html)

Flash Gordon
06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I just got a call from some own who owns a private dealership who specializes in dualies and large trucks/suvs . he wants me to remove some light scratches and could bring me a few more vehicles and become a weekly customer. He also wants me to remove oxidation from his chrome wheels, will opt metal polish do a good job on that? how should i price him?

Sounds like a nightmare to me :nervous:

I wouldn't waste a high end product on a beater. I would first hit those wheels with xxxx steel wool and APC. If they come out shiny, move on to the next headache

Good luck James, and keep us posted

Flash

jamores23
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
yeah he passed by earlier in a excursion. $%&* that thing is big. i told him 250 for corrections in and out if he brings me more than 10 cars a month and he said that wouldnt be a problem and he will bring them to me :) he told me if i could do 4 cars a week he would have that many for me so for now i will start by myself and teach someone the paint correction so i can lock in more income :) what i am trying to do is grab some glazes because maybe some trucks would be able to use power finish and then glaze that up as a one step :) instead of doing a 2 step correction to every truck

Flash Gordon
06-18-2011, 08:50 PM
yeah he passed by earlier in a excursion. $%&* that thing is big. i told him 250 for corrections in and out if he brings me more than 10 cars a month and he said that wouldnt be a problem and he will bring them to me :) he told me if i could do 4 cars a week he would have that many for me so for now i will start by myself and teach someone the paint correction so i can lock in more income :) what i am trying to do is grab some glazes because maybe some trucks would be able to use power finish and then glaze that up as a one step :) instead of doing a 2 step correction to every truck

Used car dealers lie...its what they do :) I'm not trying to turn your smile upside down :( but only tying to warn you of their behavior ;)

1) $250 seems high for what dealers are use to paying here. $75-$100 is about the norm. The guy can agree to pay you whatever you say as long as he has no intent on paying in the first place

2) Don't let him get more then 2 cars in debt with you before collecting (and cashing) a check

3) Don't hold your breath that he will send you as many cars as promised

Regards,

I can send you all kinds of business :rolleyes:

A.P.A.D.
06-18-2011, 09:03 PM
dang! $250 is cheap for an excursion! i detailed one (CLICK HERE (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/32931-ford-excursion.html) to check it out) and charged $300. should have charged more though, probably at least $350.

whatever u do make sure u make what u are worth! dont let anyone walk all over u and never pay up. get paid per job and not monthly by him and hopefuly he will respect the hard work u do.

good luck!

master detailer
06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
dont give your self away to fast. I would tell him as you bring me more work I will give you a better price or every 5th one is free but cant be the worst one out of the 5.