PDA

View Full Version : My New 2012 Black Mustang GT,.....YIKES !!

Nick B
06-18-2011, 08:08 AM
I thought my 1 week old black Mustang looked good all cleaned up out in the driveway but the first time I drove it into the lighted garage I about croaked . Under the bright lights it looks like the dealership dried it with an old beach towel, fine scratches and swirls everywhere. ( damn lights ).

This is what I have to work with:
Griot's DA Polisher
Griot's polish #1,2,3,4
Pinnalce Paint Cleansing Lotion
Griot's orange pad
Griot's red pad
LC white pad
Clay and lube
assorted waxes

Anything else I should get ? Remember the paint is black.
Ok how do I tackle this ? Please remember I'm new here so please speak simple english .
Thanks Guys.
Nick

kronos
06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
In case you don't already know, it is very important you do a test spot first. That being said, first ask yourself how much correction you want. Once you decide that, here are your current product combinations listed in order of least to most aggressive.

1) Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (ppcl) w/ LC White or Griot's #4 and #3 with LC White.

2) M205 w/ LC White or Griot's #2 w/ LC White

3) Griot's #1 w/ Griot's Orange Polishing Pad

4) M105 w/ Griot's Orange Polishing pad

Of course don't forget to do the baggie test before you polish. Last thing you want is to polish a contaminated surface.

Nick B
06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I forgot water spots .Lots of water spots on the hood that won't wash off .

diablojota
06-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Wash the car then clay.
Do a test spot and try the least aggressive pad/polish combo first. Perhaps the white pad with Griot's 3. If that isn't getting it, then step to the 4, or the 105.
Then I would follow with a white pad and 205. Do an IPA wipe down (alcohol and water mix to remove the polishing oils) and then follow up with your wax.

Nick B
06-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Wash the car then clay.
Do a test spot and try the least aggressive pad/polish combo first. Perhaps the white pad with Griot's 3. If that isn't getting it, then step to the 4, or the 105.
Then I would follow with a white pad and 205. Do an IPA wipe down (alcohol and water mix to remove the polishing oils) and then follow up with your wax. Is there a finer polish to use after the 205 and before the wax ? I was thinking the Griot #4 was finer than 205 .
If I need to I'll order something else if you guys think what I have here is insufficient .
I want this black paint to look really good .

diablojota
06-18-2011, 01:30 PM
205 is a pretty fine polish. The last time I detailed my Corvette, I started with 105 on an orange pad, followed by 205 on a white pad and then finished with my LSP (Wolfgang Sealant) on a red pad. This next time, I'll start with the 205 (doing some spots with the 105 followed by 205), IPA wipe down, the Wolfgang Sealant and the Pinnacle Souveran paste wax.

sensi09
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
With a week old car, I think you could get by with something less aggressive than 105. Perhaps UC or SIP instead.

LegacyGT
06-18-2011, 01:58 PM
:postpics: