PDA

View Full Version : 07 z-oh-6 soap tip

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
06-18-2011, 07:28 AM
:xyxthumbs: guess we are all guilty at one point of putting our soap in the bucket first, then adding water. this morning i took his tip of filling the bucket up 1/2 with water first, then the car wash product, then add the rest of the water. BIG DIFFERENCE! produces a much better wash solution. less waste of the suds. :props:

Dubbin1
06-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh God now his head is going to get even bigger :D

kronos
06-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh God now his head is going to get even bigger :D

Or if it's somehow possible, his biceps. :D

cutter
06-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm guilty of soap first, this sounds like a method I will try! Thanks guys.

01MUSSL
06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Never heard of that one. Thanks. Gonna have to try it later on

ziggo99
06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I remember Mike Philips doing a video about this a few years ago
Go you YouTube and look for How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!) and you'll find it. It's 28 minutes long and he's washing a Mini Cooper. First time I had ever heard of a Grit Guard, the water then soap, and how to measure out my soap easier.

slimnib
06-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I like tons of suds. This is not Tide in the washing machine. I think subs are nice and am going to continue doing soap first then water.

Does anyone have scienctific proof that less sub is better?

embolism
06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
If you use a rinseless, then it can go in first

nanny nanny boo boo

2old2change
06-18-2011, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=slimnib;487766]I like tons of suds. This is not Tide in the washing machine. I think subs are nice and am going to continue doing soap first then water.

You can always buy a foam lance if more soap foam or suds is what you desire. :xyxthumbs:

sensi09
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I remember Mike Philips doing a video about this a few years ago
Go you YouTube and look for How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!) and you'll find it. It's 28 minutes long and he's washing a Mini Cooper. First time I had ever heard of a Grit Guard, the water then soap, and how to measure out my soap easier.

I started doing this after watching that video some time ago. Also after that video, I started using less passes....

Ted S.
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't like suds in the bucket?!?:hijacked:

Flash Gordon
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I like tons of suds. This is not Tide in the washing machine. I think subs are nice and am going to continue doing soap first then water.

Does anyone have scienctific proof that less sub is better?

:iagree:

Washing a car without suds is like drinking a flat coke

TLMitchell
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't like suds in the bucket?!?:hijacked:

After exhaustive surveys and studies by a Task Force the results were submitted to a Blue Ribbon Committee which released them through a select panel of expert spokespersons. It has been determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes, you are indeed the only one here that doesn't like suds in the bucket. Glad we could clear that up.

level of accuracy +/- 100%

TL <--- obviously worked for the Gov't far too long :doh:

Ted S.
06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
After exhaustive surveys and studies by a Task Force the results were submitted to a Blue Ribbon Committee which released them through a select panel of expert spokespersons. It has been determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes, you are indeed the only one here that doesn't like suds in the bucket. Glad we could clear that up.

level of accuracy +/- 100%

TL <--- obviously worked for the Gov't far too long :doh:
:laughing: Very true, man...:dblthumb2:

Dubbin1
06-18-2011, 02:47 PM
For the most part suds mean nothing, its the lubricity of the water that counts.