PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 or cheaper DA and Meguiars MF system?

michael13
06-18-2011, 07:08 AM
If you did not have a buffer and had to choose between the Flex 3401 and a few foam pads or a cheaper DA and the Meguiars MF system, which would you get and why?

sal329
06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I like my Griots Garage DA. Why? Easy to handle, lots of pad options, power was better then my PC by far and the 25 foot cable is great. I like the MF cutting pads a lot. Cuts better then LC orange and finishes like the LC white pad. I have not used the finishing MF pad. I would still get some foam pads I like LC orange, white and black, lately have been using more buff and shine pads yellow, green and black. I have 5.5" on all and use them most the time also have 4" LC pads for tight areas.

2old2change
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
If you did not have a buffer and had to choose between the Flex 3401 and a few foam pads or a cheaper DA and the Meguiars MF system, which would you get and why?

Only commenting on your original post , I personally favor the DA and the Megs MF system. There are a few things that the DA can do that the Flex can not. Interior and carpet brushes are available for DA use , not so that I know of with the Flex. A DA will accept the MF pads in a multiple of sizes and also the same with foam pads.The Flex is very limited on Pad size selection. The flex has tremendous power and can be a great correction tool but the DA IMO is more the "jack of all trades" tool. The scary part is sooner or later as you get addicted to detailing you will not be completely happy till you own all the above,LOL. Good luck on whichever way you go.