PDA

View Full Version : Using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze

HeavyMetal
06-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Mike,

My current process is to use eitiher Meg's UC or WG TSR (depending on how bad the car is hairlined and scuffed) on an orange LC flat pad and then follow with FG on a white pad. Would I get more gloss if I came back with FG a second time on a grey or blue pad? Or do I need to go to 85RD for a finer polish? I tried FG on a grey pad following UC or TSR on an orange, but if there were any fine lines I missed or the marring from first polish was too heavy, it wouldn't get them out. What say you, jedi polish master? :dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
06-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Mike,

My current process is to use eitiher Meg's UC or WG TSR (depending on how bad the car is hairlined and scuffed) on an orange LC flat pad and then follow with FG on a white pad. Would I get more gloss if I came back with FG a second time on a grey or blue pad? Or do I need to go to 85RD for a finer polish? I tried FG on a grey pad following UC or TSR on an orange, but if there were any fine lines I missed or the marring from first polish was too heavy, it wouldn't get them out. What say you, jedi polish master? :dblthumb2:
No. Move to a finer polish.

Bunky
06-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Autogeek does not rate polishes like Menzerna in terms of gloss/cut but WG FG is supposed to be close to 106FA. FG is reported as made by Menzerna. 106FA and PO85RD are rated at the same finishing gloss per Menzerna but 106FA has more cut because it is more potent. I have not used them enough to categorically confirm or refute but they seem very close in finishing ability.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Autogeek does not rate polishes like Menzerna in terms of gloss/cut but WG FG is supposed to be close to 106FA. FG is reported as made by Menzerna. 106FA and PO85RD are rated at the same finishing gloss per Menzerna but 106FA has more cut because it is more potent. I have not used them enough to categorically confirm or refute but they seem very close in finishing ability.
This is true. You might be able to get a bit more gloss out of 85rd, but only if you're using a rotary. Even then, it's probably negligible if you've already used 106FA or WGFG.