PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz & Reload Questions For Avi...

Pages : [1] 2

HeavyMetal
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Avi, Love the CQ, the shine is gorgeous and the car is so slick it literally repels dirt. All I need to do is a quick wipe with a QD - I use diluted Detailer's Pride No Rinse Car Wash. I'll be doing a full wash this weekend with the DP No Rinse. Will that interfere with the ReLoad? Should I wipe with IPA or something after washing? Also, if I want to add another layer of CQ, what do I need to do? Do I wash, wipe with IPA and then add another coat or what? Do I need to do a light polish first since I've used ReLoad?

oldmodman
06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
All very good questions, and I'll be paying attention when he posts up.

I have both products and want to use them in the most efficient (cost saving) manner.

embolism
06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
sounds like someone is getting the itch to do multiple steps

this is why I won't be putting on a coating anytime soon...

HeavyMetal
06-17-2011, 12:55 PM
sounds like someone is getting the itch to do multiple steps

No, just curious since I'll be doing my RAV4 sometime and it takes far more abuse than my wife's Lexus.

Avi@CarPro
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Avi, Love the CQ, the shine is gorgeous and the car is so slick it literally repels dirt. All I need to do is a quick wipe with a QD - I use diluted Detailer's Pride No Rinse Car Wash. I'll be doing a full wash this weekend with the DP No Rinse. Will that interfere with the ReLoad? Should I wipe with IPA or something after washing? Also, if I want to add another layer of CQ, what do I need to do? Do I wash, wipe with IPA and then add another coat or what? Do I need to do a light polish first since I've used ReLoad?
Hi
first i need to understand, you applied only cquartz? or reload too?
if you ask me the truth... these QD or No rinse wash contain polymers , additional surfactants that suppose to give you smoothness and shine. it will interfere the anti dusting and the water repellent effect.
i think that you dont need anything more than simple car shampoo which doesnt contain any surfactants! plain and simple.. the better you clean well the surface the better you will get Cquartz to pop out and water beading. same thing about the Reload.

now if you use simple car shampoo, i would advise even DAWN soap , or our ironX soap gel , you dont need IPA wipe down for second CQ layer.
if you not certain about the washing material, so yes do the IPA wipe down before second layer.
a small news i got from one of my customers in Europe..

first- you can even use cquartz on reload layer without problem! with great water repellent effect.
second- customer removed water spots from cquartz'd paint with soft pad polishing and reload spraying on the pad (3M black pad) !!:eek: !! this was little shock to me too.
since reload doesnt have any cleaning properties.
so im sharing this with you guys...

good luck.

newb001
06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi

if you ask me the truth... these QD or No rinse wash contain polymers , additional surfactants that suppose to give you smoothness and shine. it will interfere the anti dusting and the water repellent effect.
i think that you dont need anything more than simple car shampoo which doesnt contain any surfactants! plain and simple.. the better you clean well the surface the better you will get Cquartz to pop out and water beading. same thing about the Reload.

now if you use simple car shampoo, i would advise even DAWN soap , or our ironX soap gel , you dont need IPA wipe down for second CQ layer.

To confirm, when doing regular maintenance washes (not in preparation of another coat of CQ) on a CQuartzed vehicle (that either has or doesn't have Reload on it), we should NOT use a soap that has any added polymers, gloss agents, etc... Just a straight soap or even something like Dawn?

So we shouldn't use Optimum Car Wash, Meguiar's Gold Class, etc... We need something more simple?

petermk
06-17-2011, 02:16 PM

Hi! I am getting ready to apply CQuartz on my black Acura MDX that I wash only with ONR (I live in an apartment building and can't really do any other washing method). So, are you saying that washing with ONR would interfere with CQuartz?

Thanks

newb001
06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Should we be using something like the new Prima Hydro Wash Shampoo, car wash, auto shampoo, car soap (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-wash-16.html) which contains no polymers?

HeavyMetal
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks Avi. I'll do an IPA wipedown if I recoat after washing with a no rinse. I suspected that was the case. Just wanted to make sure. Yes, I used ReLoad after the CQ - a few days later. I did make the finish slicker, like you said.

HeavyMetal
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi! I am getting ready to apply CQuartz on my black Acura MDX that I wash only with ONR (I live in an apartment building and can't really do any other washing method). So, are you saying that washing with ONR would interfere with CQuartz?

Thanks

Yes, that's what I just asked. The surface needs to be squeaky clean for CQ.

petermk
06-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, that's what I just asked. The surface needs to be squeaky clean for CQ.

I understand that. My question was if I could wash the car with ONR after CQuartz has been applied.

richy
06-18-2011, 12:47 AM
I understand that. My question was if I could wash the car with ONR after CQuartz has been applied.

Yes, you can. I've been doing it for almost a year.

Avi@CarPro
06-18-2011, 05:53 AM
To confirm, when doing regular maintenance washes (not in preparation of another coat of CQ) on a CQuartzed vehicle (that either has or doesn't have Reload on it), we should NOT use a soap that has any added polymers, gloss agents, etc... Just a straight soap or even something like Dawn?

So we shouldn't use Optimum Car Wash, Meguiar's Gold Class, etc... We need something more simple?You could use ofcourse anything you like or used normaly , there is no limitations here, i just say , no need to spend money for extra sophisticated car shampoos. the only opposite.. very good soap which clean well the surface will only bring up to life the water beading and the gloss that cquartz give.

Should we be using something like the new Prima Hydro Wash Shampoo, car wash, auto shampoo, car soap (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-wash-16.html) which contains no polymers?
yes, if no polymers its very good.

ThanksAs Richy said, yes no problem, though the ONR has polymers and surfactants in it..

brawl
06-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Basically, Avi suggest to use simple soap and shampoo. Although soaps, shampoos and other products with polymers and surfactants won't harm the C-Quartz and Reload, they will, however, affect the characteristics of CQ and Reload, specifically their reaction to dust and water.

@avi, you even suggested Dawn. Wouldn't Dawn dull the appearance or adversely affect in any way the two CarPro products (or its durability) in a way that clear cot reacts with Dawn?

CEE DOG
06-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Basically, Avi suggest to use simple soap and shampoo. Although soaps, shampoos and other products with polymers and surfactants won't harm the C-Quartz and Reload, they will, however, affect the characteristics of CQ and Reload, specifically their reaction to dust and water.

@avi, you even suggested Dawn. Wouldn't Dawn dull the appearance or adversely affect in any way the two CarPro products (or its durability) in a way that clear cot reacts with Dawn?

Dawn should not dull clear coat with or without a coating. It will strip sealants and waxes to some if not all degree but not coatings.

I tested CQ and OC in that extreme testing article with video showing mineral spirits, stoners tarminator, hydrochloric acid, and straight chlorine. As you may have seen in the video non of them stripped the coatings so I dawn should certainly not strip CQ.