PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning BFWD from Pads??

galaxy
06-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Having a hard time cleaing Black Fire Wet Diamond from my black LC pads. Never had this much problem removing any wax, polish, or other products from any pads like this, but this stuff just doesn't wanna come out. Anyone ran into this? Only thing I've tried is Dawn dish washing soap...always worked good in the past and like stated, removes anything.

embolism
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
try some degreaser like Zep citrus at 4:1

clean it the best you can then put it in a baggie and label it for Blackfire use. Most ppl dedicate a pad/applicator per product, especially waxes or sealants which repel water the most.

ChrisJ
06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I use Zep and Dawn...If it doesnt work out by hand immediately I let it soak for a few...

You didn't let BFWD dry on the pad did you? I have had that issue and had to let it soak...

dreamps
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
this alone states how well bfwd works on paint:) lol

galaxy
06-17-2011, 02:39 PM
this alone states how well bfwd works on paint:) lol

Ha! That was my first thought. Saving the pad just for that is a good idea, except noe I gotta buy more black pads for other products, LOL. I did not let it dry; I immediately went from the buffer to soaking in the Dawn. I'll re-attack and see what happens.

dreamps
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
yeah thats why i just bought 2 more black pads and 1 blue. just started designating 1 pad per product:)

ScottB
06-17-2011, 08:54 PM
while I dont use their line specifically, perhaps something like DP's Pad Rejuvinator might work ??? You might wanna contact Todd or Angelo if problem is not resolved.

Bunky
06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I usually reach for Optimum Power Clean when I want to clean something. For pads and applicators, I always spray them with OPC and set them aside (on some grit guards) until I finish and then wash them using more OPC if needed. Hot water does seem to help too so you can let them soak in a bucket with hot water.