PDA

View Full Version : cobra super-plush deluxe for removing wax?

ballfan4141
06-16-2011, 10:16 PM
does anyone use this cobra mf to remove wax. I also had a little trouble using my new one (did not have the problem with the old one) with QD. the mf towel did not glide over the paint at all.

mg6045
06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
The purple towel ?

I actually had trouble removing wax and sealant with mine, as it seemed to not absorb any of the residue and basically pushed it around. I stopped using them for that and added them to my All purpose/paint buff towel collection.

As for your QD issue,
If you are using a QD with a carnuba wax or polymer in it that might be why your having trouble. Sometimes those QD's are a bit grabby until most of the residue is absorbed. then they buff really smoothly after that. Try using the short nap of the towel upon initial spreading of the QD, than flip it to buff. I personally use Waffle Weave towels with QD's like the ones I just described. For example Optimum Instant Detailer. I use either a short nap towel or most of the time a 16X24 Waffle Weave after washing the car.

I just picked up a bunch of these on BOGO and I like them a lot !
The Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel by Cobra is a better drying towel than a chamois, or terry cloth towel. Microfiber makes the best (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-waffle-weave.html)

ScottB
06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
use the shorter nap side. Remember with wax, to apply thin and even. If not all towels must work harder to remove all the residue.

ballfan4141
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
no this is the poorboys QD with no wax. actually I only have this problem really with the bigger ones. the smaller ones I do not. you could remove wax the the cobra mango mf towel huh?