PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a carpet extractor or stick to my routine?

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
06-16-2011, 10:05 PM
So I've been doing a lot of dirty interiors lately and I've really been thinking about purchasing an extractor again. I had a mytee II but the suction wasnt much more than a shop vac.(i think it was defective). My routine now is vacuum, apc, steam, cyclo w carpet brushes then use my 5hp shop vac. I always have to take terry clothes and blot to get heavily soiled carpeting clean. Will an extractor suck that dirt up or will I still be blotting w terry clothes?

john b
06-16-2011, 10:10 PM
what kindof steamer do you use? if you can afford the extracter get it-has to be faster

ShineTimeDetail
06-16-2011, 10:12 PM
VX5000....I don't know what I think about the steamer...I don't think I like it much

AeroCleanse
06-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Get a better APC, I found switching that helped a lot.

ShineTimeDetail
06-16-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't have a problem breaking the dirt down, I have a problem getting the dirt up.

Mobile detail
06-17-2011, 02:53 AM
I have a spyder hp60. I got it over the lite bedside of the suction power. I absolutely love it. Its powerful and still small enough to transport. Highly recommend.

-Longhorn-
06-17-2011, 09:26 AM
So I've been doing a lot of dirty interiors lately and I've really been thinking about purchasing an extractor again. I had a mytee II but the suction wasnt much more than a shop vac.(i think it was defective). My routine now is vacuum, apc, steam, cyclo w carpet brushes then use my 5hp shop vac. I always have to take terry clothes and blot to get heavily soiled carpeting clean. Will an extractor suck that dirt up or will I still be blotting w terry clothes?Wasnt defective, mine was the same way plus the noise even with muffs on was horrid. I sold it after 6 months.

ShineTimeDetail
06-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Mine wasn't loud. I bought mine used that's why I don't think it was good.

daveinsweethome
06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
my mytee II seems fine for vacuming then other times not so. i am getting paranoid and clean the thing midway through cycles. just how much more powerful does the hp60 seem? 137 inches sound great. my steamer has a suction feature but is too slow for larger areas.

CrownKote
06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Tom,

I have been there... Thinking that the extractor is possibly a waste and needing something better... I love my DM1600 it does a great job! look up some of my posts and see what you think... If you have any questions for me about it feel free to PM me...

-Longhorn-
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I do just fine with the brush attachment for the PC the little green clean machine or my 6.5HP Home Depot shop vac. Might not get them bone dry but sucks up a lot of dirt and water. Plus you have to remember not all debris is going to come out.

ShineTimeDetail
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
So the carpeting is still going to need to be blotted clean, then?

D_Nyholm
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I know it may not be the best procedure, but was about wetting the carpet more and having the shopvac there to suck up the excess water? On heavily soiled areas, ill spray them down while I vacuum. It doesn't get them super soaked and it tends to rinse out the cleaner and dirt much easier. It is like having an extract without having one! :)

CrownKote
06-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I do just fine with the brush attachment for the PC the little green clean machine or my 6.5HP Home Depot shop vac. Might not get them bone dry but sucks up a lot of dirt and water. Plus you have to remember not all debris is going to come out.

So the carpeting is still going to need to be blotted clean, then?

Tom I don't think that is what he meant... Debris is still going to live in the fibers no matter how hard you work at cleaning the carpets there will always be super fine granules of sand embedded in the fibers...

-Longhorn-
06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Tom I don't think that is what he meant... Debris is still going to live in the fibers no matter how hard you work at cleaning the carpets there will always be super fine granules of sand embedded in the fibers...That is exactly what I meant.