PDA

View Full Version : Megs MF pad question

panthercz
06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
A while back I saw a link to another forum that I think covered this but didn't read it in detail at the time. I now can't find that link and using Google or the search on function here, didn't turn anything up.

My question is:
What is the difference in cut/aggressiveness between the Megs microfiber cutting pads vs. the Megs microfiber polishing pads?

mark58
06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Polishing pads are for applying Finish wax and backing sponge is much softer (Black)

panthercz
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Polishing pads are for applying Finish wax and backing sponge is much softer (Black)

I know what the polishing pad is for, but what is the actual difference in cut? LC yellow pad is for compounding and LC black is for polishing, the difference in cut is very different however.

I own and have used the Megs MF system several times. I just keep thinking of that write-up that I was only able to skim through and never got the chance to read the whole thing and was curious about the difference in pads on a more technical level.

I may have to go to the Meguairs forums and pm Stoops. I was just wondering if anyone knew or even better if they knew what thread I was talking about that covered the difference in pads and how they work.

sal329
06-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I have never used LC yellow pad because I have heard it leaves some bad marring. The Meg MF cutting pad cuts better the LC orange and finishes down like the LC white polishing pad. You can remove some prety bad defects with the system and if you need more cut a few drops of M105 is great. I like the fact speed 4-5 is all you need so less vibrations.