PDA

View Full Version : Glaze worth it?

Pages : [1] 2

Marre
06-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Is it worth it to put a glaze on the paint followed by a sealant and then topped off with a carnauba? Or will the glaze get lost beneath the sealant and wax? This is 8 month old silver metallic paint that has been cared for since day one.

Rsurfer
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Try it and see how you like it..can't hurt. Personally, if you polished correctly you won't need a glaze. I have an Altima that is thin on clear, so I use a glaze to hide some light marring.

Marre
06-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Good point, it never hurts to give it a try and see if it looks better with it than without it. I don't have any marring, at least that I can see, and I have no idea how thick Mazda clear coat is. Orange peel is my problem, but I don't think glaze can hide that and the thought of wet sanding that off of a new car makes me break out in a nervous sweat. I'll look into the different brands of glazes and give it a go. It will be a good excuse to spend a little more time doing something I enjoy.

-Longhorn-
06-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Try it and see how you like it..can't hurt. Personally, if you polished correctly you won't need a glaze. I have an Altima that is thin on clear, so I use a glaze to hide some light marring.I agree, if you polished right you wont need it. I only use on black or metallic red as does give a little pop to the metallic and hides stuff you cant get out on black. I use PBs Black Hole or something like that.

05xrunner
06-17-2011, 09:44 AM
i like PB black hole..you cant buff out the car everytime you get some very fine scratches here and there from just general upkeep..so i use black hole

Larry A
06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
On a dark colored car it will make a big difference.

elk42
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
ive used Black Hole and like the shine it presents.

Marre
06-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I had to use a hand polish only as we live in an apartment complex. We have a garage to park in but no extra electrical outlets since they don't want you working on your car on their property. So it was hand polished and clayed and of course sealed and then waxed several times, but polishing by hand can only do so much. I noticed that PB recommends White Diamond for silver and light colored cars and is reasonably priced. I see a couple of you like the results of PB on your dark cars, so PB looks like it could be a good choice.
This site may be the most helpful (and fun) place I have ever stumbled upon. And it's nice to know I'm not the only car and car paint crazy person around! My poor husband thinks I am a car crazy lunatic (ok, maybe I am a lunatic :dunno:).

mdb917
06-17-2011, 12:11 PM
If you're a lunatic then consider yourself in good company. :laughing:

I think all of us are somewhat loony when it comes to keeping our cars looking great. Im the MAN

ThirdgenTa
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
What do you guys think is better as a glaze for filling swirls. XMT360 or Black Hole? I have xmt, just dont know if its worth it to purchase black hole.

jhallhall
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
What do you guys think is better as a glaze for filling swirls. XMT360 or Black Hole? I have xmt, just dont know if its worth it to purchase black hole.

Isn't xmt360 an all in one? Black hole is a glaze only

TornadoRed
06-17-2011, 12:56 PM

XMT360 is an all in one with a mild abrasive for light defect removal and leaves behind some protection.
Black Hole is a glaze with cleaners (chemical not abrasive *I think*) and fillers. It does not give any protection so it needs to be covered with a sealant or wax.

Marre
06-17-2011, 06:36 PM
If you're a lunatic then consider yourself in good company. :laughing:

I think all of us are somewhat loony when it comes to keeping our cars looking great. Im the MAN

Works for me. :cheers:

Larry A
06-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I had to use a hand polish only as we live in an apartment complex. We have a garage to park in but no extra electrical outlets since they don't want you working on your car on their property. So it was hand polished and clayed and of course sealed and then waxed several times, but polishing by hand can only do so much. I noticed that PB recommends White Diamond for silver and light colored cars and is reasonably priced. I see a couple of you like the results of PB on your dark cars, so PB looks like it could be a good choice.
This site may be the most helpful (and fun) place I have ever stumbled upon. And it's nice to know I'm not the only car and car paint crazy person around! My poor husband thinks I am a car crazy lunatic (ok, maybe I am a lunatic :dunno:).
Marre, Many men on detailing web sites would love to have you as their wife.

kapella
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
This is the best car-skin and protector on the market today, Diamond Glaze, first introduced in 1980, is an internationally famous, scientifically formulated two phase process that will permanently restore and protect the colour and brilliance of your car to its original showroom condition - Whatever the age or appearance of your car!