PDA

View Full Version : Some duragloss questons

Scud
01-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Im about to detail my girlfriends ( Honda Civic Type R ) and from some details here i found that the duragloss products work very nice on red motors.Sort the swirling with Menz FPll on megs polishing pad, then..........

I have #601 PBA and #111..........How do i go about applying these ?

#601 on PC with megs finishing pad then #111 by hand ocer the top of PBA, was gonna leave for 1hr then buff off.

Also can i put megs #7 and collinite wax over these ?

Thanks
Scud

Al-53
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Use the 601 and 111 by hand...you will use less product..

Do your swirl removal with what polish you choose to use....then wipe on the 601...use it thinly...let it haze..leave it on do not wipe it off...then apply your 111 by hand.....let sit for 45 min to a hour to let it set up..cause your mixing 2 products also....buff it off.....

Next day apply your wax..or another coat of 111....

I have used collinite over the sealants with no problems..so yes you can do Collinite over the DG...

I have never used Meg's #7 glaze over it so really can not answer this...I have used a acrylic glazes under and over DG sealants and they look great..

Try a section and see what becomes of it..it may work out good..or it may show no improvement..try something like the trunk lid..if it looks good..go for it...

Al

Scud
01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Cheers for the advice Al.

Thanks

YankeeFan
01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Use the 601 and 111 by hand...you will use less product..

Do your swirl removal with what polish you choose to use....then wipe on the 601...use it thinly...let it haze..leave it on do not wipe it off...then apply your 111 by hand.....let sit for 45 min to a hour to let it set up..cause your mixing 2 products also....buff it off.....

Next day apply your wax..or another coat of 111....

I have used collinite over the sealants with no problems..so yes you can do Collinite over the DG...

I have never used Meg's #7 glaze over it so really can not answer this...I have used a acrylic glazes under and over DG sealants and they look great..

Try a section and see what becomes of it..it may work out good..or it may show no improvement..try something like the trunk lid..if it looks good..go for it...

Al

huh......so you wouldn't need to let either 601 or 111 set overnight? This can all be done in one day?

Howard

Al-53
01-17-2007, 01:48 PM
huh......so you wouldn't need to let either 601 or 111 set overnight? This can all be done in one day?

Howard

601 is a bonding agent for the 111..you apply the 111 right over the 601 in the same day..30 minutes later....then wait a day and apply a wax if you want...

the 601 is left on the paint...not buffed off..it is a catalyst for the 111 or 105 ...apply it..let haze..apply the 111 or 105 on top of the 601 residue on the paint

Hope this helps you

AL