PDA

View Full Version : Any eagle Scouts here?

S2K
06-16-2011, 08:58 AM
My son just passed his board of review last night and became Boy Scout Troop 400's 37th Eagle Scout. I am so very proud of him. It was a lot of work and he did an awesome job accomplishing it.
I am curious if there are any other Eagle Scouts here on AG.

bulldog shine
06-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Congratulations!!!!!:dblthumb2: My oldest son was one. It is alot of hard work. It will take him far.

LegacyGT
06-16-2011, 09:39 AM
<--- Eagle Scout

Congratulations to your Son ... it is a lot of hard work, but it pays off in ways you are not expecting. Definitely a good thing to drop on a collage resume.

ScubaCougr
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Congratulations from another Eagle Scout here. The experience he learned planning various projects and motivating others will serve him well.

BTW: since nobody has yet asked, what was his project? Always looking for ideas to share with my troop...

mdb917
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats to your son and to LegacyGT (for that matter anyone who has put in the work it takes to become an Eagle Scout) :dblthumb2:

Niele
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
I am also an Eagle Scout, and I know that it does take a lot of hard work and discipline to become an Eagle. So, congratulations to you and your Eagle Scout son!

I can also confirm that it will "open doors" for him because people honestly do recognize the Eagle as the "badge of a leader". So, do wear the badge proud by listing Eagle Scout on all applications for colleges, jobs, etc.

bobble
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Me too. It was 1973 and then President Nixon signed by certificate/plaque. Wonder what that's worth nowadays?? Congrats those experiences aide in your entire life.

Devo242
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Congratulations are in order, it is something you should be very proud of. I am an Eagle Scout and receive compliments on it whenever it comes up in conversation. I could not have completed mine without great support from my family, especially my father.

Again, my congrats go out to both you and your son!

S2K
06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks to everyone for their congratulations and a big CONGRATULATIONS :dblthumb2: to all of you Eagle Scouts too!!

S2K
06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Congratulations from another Eagle Scout here. The experience he learned planning various projects and motivating others will serve him well.

BTW: since nobody has yet asked, what was his project? Always looking for ideas to share with my troop...

He replaced a rotten roof on a blacksmith shed at Fort Morris State Park, it is a historic Revolutionary War Fort here in Southeast Georgia. The roof is 18 X 32 and had to be redone historically, no plywood all rough sawn lumber and cedar shake shingles all held together with cut nails. It was quite a job which took 5 weekends. He got great support from the community donating materials and the troop donating labor. It was a lot of work from start to finish but I'm glad he chose it instead of something easy, he learned a lot he will always remember.

ronkh57
06-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Congrats !!!

My son made Eagle a few weeks ago.

Flash Gordon
06-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats to everyone who has ever been a Scout. Much less, made Eagle :xyxthumbs:

Scouting should be taught in schools. It would eliminate 90% of nonsense :dblthumb2:

Regards,

10%

Mobile detail
06-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Being in scouts was such a great experience. I use what I learned in it every now and then. I wish I had pushed my self more to become an eagle. Such an accomplishment for your son. You have to be so proud! Congrats!