PDA

View Full Version : Is Meguiar's QD good for drying after washing?

Pages : [1] 2

Cat ji
06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Is Meguiar's QD good for drying after washing?
Or does it cause smears and there are more suitable products?

Setec Astronomy
06-16-2011, 08:26 AM
If you want to use it for removing water spots after drying, that or any QD should be fine. If you want to use something while you are actually drying, there are certain products that are intended for that purpose, not that a regular QD won't be fine as well.

maxniman
06-16-2011, 08:47 AM
If you want to use it for removing water spots after drying, that or any QD should be fine. If you want to use something while you are actually drying, there are certain products that are intended for that purpose, not that a regular QD won't be fine as well.

I have not seen, other than Hydro wax, any products suggested to use when drying. do you have any product names?

Flannigan
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Dodo Juice Time to Dry is one that is marketed that way. I have also used FK425, Prima Slick, Prima Hydro, CG V7, and Duragloss Aquawax.

It kinda depends on if you are looking just to get help drying or add protection. I wouldn't use a spray wax (Hydro, V7, DG AQ) if I was going to clay or polish after since it would be a waste. In that case I would use one of the regular QD's to aid in drying.

Setec Astronomy
06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
I have not seen, other than Hydro wax, any products suggested to use when drying. do you have any product names?

Um..Duragloss AquaWax? Optimum Car Wax is indicated for that use, as well as products such as Eagle One Wax-as-U-Dry (if they still make that). I'm sure there are some others.

dreamps
06-16-2011, 10:41 AM
meguiars last touch is great for drying:)

i'm hesitant using spray waxes while i dry bc i feel like the spray wax clogs up the waffle weave towels. anyone else feel this way?

Dubbin1
06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
meguiars last touch is great for drying:)

i'm hesitant using spray waxes while i dry bc i feel like the spray wax clogs up the waffle weave towels. anyone else feel this way?

I don't see how a spray wax could possibly clog up a towel.

dreamps
06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
"supposedly" from what i read was that the new spray waxes(megs,optimum) don't come out of towels that easily and will make the water absorbing character less on the towels. i've never used my ww towels w/spray wax for drying so i can't say first hand if this is true

Dubbin1
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
It may make them repel water but its not going to "clog" them up ;)

maxniman
06-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Um..Duragloss AquaWax? Optimum Car Wax is indicated for that use, as well as products such as Eagle One Wax-as-U-Dry (if they still make that). I'm sure there are some others.

OK, I guess I was looking more for QD's than the spray waxes

maxniman
06-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Dodo Juice Time to Dry is one that is marketed that way. I have also used FK425, Prima Slick, Prima Hydro, CG V7, and Duragloss Aquawax.

It kinda depends on if you are looking just to get help drying or add protection. I wouldn't use a spray wax (Hydro, V7, DG AQ) if I was going to clay or polish after since it would be a waste. In that case I would use one of the regular QD's to aid in drying.

currently using FK425 with no problems, just checking what else is used

Bunky
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
They should unclog if you wash them well. It sounds like you are not washing towels well enough.

dreamps
06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
i personally have never used a spray wax while drying i always use meguiars last touch and have no issues with it. leaves the paint nice and glossy and have no issues w/my ww towels either

bobble
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Personally use DG Aqua Wax to aide in drying. Just spritz ever so lightly onthe panels I am drying.

Flannigan
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I have used both. a spray wax is nice when yo are just wanting to do a quick wash and still boost the effectiveness of your current LSP. Otherwise I use a QD, or even better a blower...