PDA

View Full Version : Which manufacture has the worst orange peel from factory??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

qaz393
06-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Lets keep this with high production manufacturers.

i think mercedes is the worst

93fox
06-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Lets keep this with high production manufacturers.

i think mercedes is the worst

I dont see the point in pointing out orange peel on cars. its part of the car and yes it can be taken care of easily. i personally hate it and i take care of it since i hate seeing it. But i dont see pointing out what nearly every car out there has IMO...:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
06-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Let's see...start here:

Chinese Auto Manufacturers List - Information on Car, Truck, Bus, Motorcycle Makers in China (chery automobile, geely, gwm etc.) (http://www.chinacarforums.com/chinese_car_manufacturers.html)

Then go here:

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/####/List_of_car_brands)

But, don't stop now:

20 Famous Car Manufacturers - Famouswhy (http://www.famouswhy.com/List/20_Famous_Car_Manufacturers/39.html)

I could not list every manufacturer in this whole wide world---space and broadband width won't allow it, but I believe this is a decent start. :D

Bob

C. Charles Hahn
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I dont see the point in pointing out orange peel on cars. its part of the car and yes it can be taken care of easily. i personally hate it and i take care of it since i hate seeing it. But i dont see pointing out what nearly every car out there has IMO...:xyxthumbs:

Well, yes and no. Depending on the paint, it isn't always safe to remove orange peel on factory finishes.

In this day and age products like Opti-Coat do help from a protection standpoint but often after you remove orange peel the clear coat is left dangerously thin.

Flannigan
06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Nissan has some of the worst I have seen lately.

Flash Gordon
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Fords robots need rebooting

93fox
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, yes and no. Depending on the paint, it isn't always safe to remove orange peel on factory finishes.

In this day and age products like Opti-Coat do help from a protection standpoint but often after you remove orange peel the clear coat is left dangerously thin.

you are correct Charlie. it isn't a safe thing to do on factory clear coat finish. i was thinking as its easy to take care of by respraying clear, witch is what i do with my cars. but thats just me thinking in a painting manner. :p

Jhaight11
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
i think ford TBH. my friend's raptor has terrible orange peel.

zilla
06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Toyota and Nissan both were pretty bad in the early part of the 2000's

C. Charles Hahn
06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
you are correct Charlie. it isn't a safe thing to do on factory clear coat finish. i was thinking as its easy to take care of by respraying clear, witch is what i do with my cars. but thats just me thinking in a painting manner. :p

Indeed. But then as a painter, you also probably are used to adding 1-2 extra coats of clear than are purely "necessary" so there's material to play with. :xyxthumbs:

93fox
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Indeed. But then as a painter, you also probably are used to adding 1-2 extra coats of clear than are purely "necessary" so there's material to play with. :xyxthumbs:

My last car i painted... I shot 4 heavy coat of clear... So much fun buffing it out! :)

qaz393
06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
My last car i painted... I shot 4 heavy coat of clear... So much fun buffing it out! :)

so u dont need to wetsand and then buff?

Rei86
06-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Some Mercedes have been pretty awful in the past and I think they had a class action lawsuit against them on the SLK because of the orange peel.

qaz393
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Some Mercedes have been pretty awful in the past and I think they had a class action lawsuit against them on the SLK because of the orange peel.

in america, everybody sues everybody. at least the usa people have lemon law unlike canada.....

93fox
06-15-2011, 08:42 PM
so u dont need to wetsand and then buff?

Yes i wetsanded and buffed, its why i said i had so much fun buffing it. Cause i could care less about not having enough clear to work with.