PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pittsburgh!

Cold Fuzion
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
It's amazing how much you think you know until you talk to the pros.

Me, I didn't actually talk to a pro, but I did see a series of very well-produced video tutorials that convinced me to step up my game in caring for my '08 Ford Fusion.

I took the first step last week and bought a Griot's Garage DA. It arrived on Monday. Oddly enough, the very same day, some jackass dinged my bumper in the parking lot and drove off. Now I'm looking at $350 from a local body shop to take care of a few scratches down to the primer :(

Oh well - live and learn. At least I'll be able to take care of the smaller stuff I've noticed. It's good to be here and I hope to learn a lot more from you all! :xyxthumbs:

rwright
06-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow...

Welcome aboard! During the week I'm 2 hours South of you and work with lots of Pittsburgh fans.

james_death
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome aboard....:xyxthumbs:
Sorry for your damage.

BobbyG
06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!! :props:

jhallhall
06-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome fellow pittburgher!!!

Porsche Pilot
06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Welcome to AG! Say, can you send some of those Primanti Brother's sandwiches down to FL?

pfix
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Welcome to AG!

mcpp66
06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Welcome to AG from Weirton, WV.

05xrunner
06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
welcome i am from pittsburgh area as well.

Mike Phillips
06-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I took the first step last week and bought a Griot's Garage DA. It arrived on Monday. Oddly enough, the very same day, some jackass dinged my bumper in the parking lot and drove off. Now I'm looking at $350 from a local body shop to take care of a few scratches down to the primer :(

Sorry to hear of the mishap... body shops are usually good at spraying on paint but notorious for then buffing out the paint and instilling swirls. So inspect the repair in good light and if you see any swirls you can easily remove them with your Griot's Garage DA Polisher.

Title refers to dealerships but practically speaking it includes body shops and even detailers...

DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28401-diso-dealership-installed-swirl-option.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
06-16-2011, 07:49 AM
:welcome:

bova80
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Welcome to AG! Say, can you send some of those Primanti Brother's sandwiches down to FL?

you know there are 3 primanti brothers in florida right?

Locations - Primanti Bros. Restaurant - Pittsburgh's "Almost Famous" Sandwiches - Primanti Brothers Restaurant (http://www.primantibrothers.com/01locations.html#floridalocations)

Flannigan
06-16-2011, 08:14 AM
:welcome: to AGO! Sorry to hear about your incident, people have no class these days. Good luck getting it fixed, and enjoy taking care of your car with your new polisher!

Mister B
06-16-2011, 08:58 AM

I love their sandwiches. I have not been there in a while.