PDA

View Full Version : What can substitute for a water baffle!?

rolop6
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I have been searching all over the net and can't seem to find a water baffle to fit my tank. The tank is a 125 gal tank, with a 6 1/2" opening. With most baffles starting at 7" that's the problem! I called up a few places and they said the baffles will not fit. There are a few baffles that will fit but I would need almost 2000 baffles since they are for smaller tanks. I saw the design of some and have been looking for material to make them myself, I also read in a forum that you can use some of that orange (or green) plastic garden fence but not sure of the efficiency. I want to be as safe as possible, can anyone help!!?

FUNX650
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
I've seen where some people have used different sized plastic [probably polyethylene (HDPE) for strength and durablity] strips in their tanks--perhaps a google here and a google there might turn up what your looking for. :)

Bob

rolop6
06-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I've seen where some people have used different sized plastic [probably polyethylene (HDPE) for strength and durablity] strips in their tanks--perhaps a google here and a google there might turn up what your looking for. :)

Bob

I have google the subject and no luck. The only things I have found were the water baffles that don't fit. I was also thinking of stuffing it with baffle balls but that would cost a lot considering i would need at least 300 balls. Oh well i'll keep looking, thanks.