PDA

View Full Version : Vacation video

richy
06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Greetings from Arizona. We are staying at a place called the Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale. It is owned by Hyatt. To say it is incredible is an understatement. In particular, I am blown away by the pool area. It is immense and has all these different little pools, waterfalls, volleyball nets, and a nice big hot tub. The big thing is there is a sandy beach in the pool. It is wicked. I have never seen a beach attached to a pool before; it is amazing. There is also a 3 storey waterslide that is awesome too...my oldest daughter has gone down it at least 100 X's. (I have managed to do it a few times myself, LOL). There is also an adult pool in a separate area with misting jets that surround the swim up bar.
I shot a video on my iphone showing some of the highlights. I did not shoot the adult pool. There is a lagoon in the property that abuts a golf course as well as the living units. It is full of fish. There are gondolas that you can get rides in as well. Anyway, watch the video if you like.

- ‪Gainey Ranch, Arizona‬‏

RTexasF
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
That's really quite the vacation spot! I'd bet that some folks in Arizona would like to go to Canada for the summer.

Porsche Pilot
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Stay in the pool Richy, the whole state is on fire! Arizona has some beautiful landscape. I spent a year of my life one day out there in the summer. If you get time to swing over to Las Vegas can you check on my money for me?

Flash Gordon
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks vert serene. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe

Rayaz
06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Take the girls to Scottsdale Fashion Square (Scottsdale road and Camelback road south of you) and Kierland Commons at Scottsdale and Greenway. You'll be a hero!

Mike Phillips
06-15-2011, 12:14 PM
$$$

When I went to Jamaica and stayed at a place with a swim-up pool bar, it got me thinking about people loosing money for example trying to shove change into the pocket of their swimsuit.

So I grabbed my goggles and a fin and swam around the pool till I found the water filters under the waterfalls. There were three large grates, about 2' by 2' squared, they may have been larger. Stuck to the grates was paper money.

The first day I checked the filter grates I pulled off $168.00 and each day after that I pulled of anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00 for a week.

I love swim-up pool bars and always take my goggles and swim fins when I go on a vacation.

Did you take a set of swim goggles Richy?

:D

Porsche Pilot
06-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Ahhh, more Professor Phillips wisdom that I will file away for future use. Awesome!

Ted S.
06-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Cool video. I don't care for the pool set up. Everything else looks amazing. :xyxthumbs:

richy
06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
That's really quite the vacation spot! I'd bet that some folks in Arizona would like to go to Canada for the summer.
Thanks. Where I come from (Detroit area), we are surrounded by water so it gets very humid in the summer. It is hotter here temperature-wise, but no humidity. Also, NO MOSQUITOES!! I despise those GD things! Anyone from Arizona wouldn't be long in Canada after doing a good comparison. That's just this Canadian's opinion.

Stay in the pool Richy, the whole state is on fire! Arizona has some beautiful landscape. I spent a year of my life one day out there in the summer. If you get time to swing over to Las Vegas can you check on my money for me?
We aren't going anywhere but the pool, LOL. The whole idea of this vacation was to relax. We aren't going to the Grand Canyon as the kids are too young and won't really remember it.

Looks vert serene. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe
Thanks Flash. At least our package includes WI-FI so I can get online a bit.

Take the girls to Scottsdale Fashion Square (Scottsdale road and Camelback road south of you) and Kierland Commons at Scottsdale and Greenway. You'll be a hero!
Thanks very much for that tip. We went there the other night. The girls and I were bored senseless. The wife went back there tonight. I'll just read detailing posts and eat in with the girls. Win, win.

$$$

When I went to Jamaica and stayed at a place with a swim-up pool bar, it got me thinking about people loosing money for example trying to shove change into the pocket of their swimsuit.

So I grabbed my goggles and a fin and swam around the pool till I found the water filters under the waterfalls. There were three large grates, about 2' by 2' squared, they may have been larger. Stuck to the grates was paper money.

The first day I checked the filter grates I pulled off $168.00 and each day after that I pulled of anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00 for a week.

I love swim-up pool bars and always take my goggles and swim fins when I go on a vacation.

Did you take a set of swim goggles Richy?

:D
Mike, I will have to test that theory. You actually have to climb out and sit in a recessed area. I don't know if it would be that way here but probably worth looking for giggles. The nice thing is you just charge stuff to your room so we haven't had to carry any cash around. I will keep the swim up cash depository in mind for next time. Thanks for the tip from a fellow with similar parsimonious qualities, LOL.

Cool video. I don't care for the pool set up. Everything else looks amazing. :xyxthumbs:
Yes, their internet site doesn't do it justice.

rwright
06-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Very nice Richy, thanks for sharing! Enjoy vacation buddy!

WRAPT C5Z06
06-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Very, very nice Richy! Best part of the video, "Daddy, isn't that a beautiful view?" Too cute!

Jay72
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Have a great time my fellow Canadian!!

EH!

richy
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Very nice Richy, thanks for sharing! Enjoy vacation buddy!
Thanks my friend!

Very, very nice Richy! Best part of the video, "Daddy, isn't that a beautiful view?" Too cute!
Mark, you are absolutely right!! I am so glad we brought them. They're only little for such a short period of time. I really try to live in the moment and enjoy my time with them.

Have a great time my fellow Canadian!!

EH!
Jay, thanks bud! It's great to see some more Ontarians on here! You're not to far from eshine either, eh? Lucky bugger!!

WRAPT C5Z06
06-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Mark, you are absolutely right!! I am so glad we brought them. They're only little for such a short period of time. I really try to live in the moment and enjoy my time with them.

Awesome! :props: