PDA

View Full Version : car wash help

Pages : [1] 2 3

lucky417
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
i recently purchased duragloss 901. i love the wash but im not a fan of the smell. i dont like cherries to begin with but for the price and the rave reviews i wanted to give it a go. i really like how it performs as far as cleaning and adding gloss but was wondering if there are any others soaps that are as good as adding gloss and still relatively cheap that smell better??? i kind of like fruity/tropical stuff when washign cars. i know pinnacle smells like that but that pretty high just for soap.dodo juice intrigues me but its still pricey although sour power sounds nice. thanks in advance guys!!!

Dubbin1
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I really wouldn't base a product off of the scent unless its an air freshener or interior product. It's not like its going to make your car smell like cherries when you're done ;)

rwright
06-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Zaino Z7 is very similar to DG CWC. My 2nd favorite is Griot's Garage Car Wash, love this stuff. I will be picking up a bottle of Ultima but I'm not sure if it contains "glossing" agents? Maybe Dubbin1 or CEE DOG can confirm?

Dubbin1
06-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I will be picking up a bottle of Ultima but I'm not sure if it contains "glossing" agents? Maybe Dubbin1 or CEE DOG can confirm?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it does but it doesn't have a fruity smell :) It just smells like soap.

lucky417
06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
o i completely agree and im not going purely off smell. i want something that does jst as good as DG, its just that it smelled to me like cough syrup and i hate that smell so much lol. but i love the way that it cleans. whenever i detail my cars i like the experience and smell to me plays a role in the experience. i guess i just need to shop around. :xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Ya, I would recommend Ultima for best in cleaning as well as every other important category.. :xyxthumbs:

If you want fruity and don't like DG I would get Dodo Sour Power. :xyxthumbs:

newb001
06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Is this what you are referring to: Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-wash.html) ??

CEE DOG
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Is this what you are referring to: Ultima Paint Guard Wash, car shampoo, auto wash shampoo, car soap, lubricating car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-wash.html) ??

You got it :dblthumb2:

Cat ji
06-15-2011, 11:24 AM
I never thought I'd consider the smell of a car shampoo in my choice, but I sure wouldn't want that cough syrup cherry smell. yuk. That stuff made me nauseous when i was a kid, if they forced me to take it.
So, thanks for the warning. :)

Bunky
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Optimum Car Wash smells like blueberries.

CEE DOG
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I never thought I'd consider the smell of a car shampoo in my choice, but I sure wouldn't want that cough syrup cherry smell. yuk. That stuff made me nauseous when i was a kid, if they forced me to take it.

So, thanks for the warning.

imo it doesn't smell as strong as cough syrup.... just a tiny bit cough syrupy.

Optimum Car Wash smells like blueberries.

I'm very much looking forward to using Optimum! :hungry: This weekend probably

dreamps
06-15-2011, 11:55 AM
my neighbors love the smell of meguiars gold class shampoo:)

lucky417
06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
imo it doesn't smell as strong as cough syrup.... just a tiny bit cough syrupy.
I agree it has hints of cough syrup. But as soon as I noticed it it all I smell now and even my wife commented on it But like I said it the best car wash I've found.

CEE DOG
06-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree it has hints of cough syrup. But as soon as I noticed it it all I smell now and even my wife commented on it But like I said it the best car wash I've found.

I agree, it's an awesome shampoo. I think its in my top 3. Could be #2 depending on what I'm looking for.

maximus20895
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Ya, I would recommend Ultima for best in cleaning as well as every other important category.. :xyxthumbs:

If you want fruity and don't like DG I would get Dodo Sour Power. :xyxthumbs:

With all of the talk about Ultima Shampoo, I did not see a review for it.

Maybe I missed it?