PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Section for Boat and RV Questions!

Mike Phillips
06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Brand New Section for Boat and RV Questions!

In an attempt to maintain structure and order on the forum, with the addition of the new Marine & RV site (http://www.premiumboatcare.com/) we've added this new forum group so that there's a specific place to post Boat and RV questions.

The forum group is now open!

:dblthumb2:

Jeffrey
06-15-2011, 08:15 AM
I have a 2007 Xpress alweld aluminum two tone bass boat.
It is moss green metallic and gulf sand.
The paint is High Gloss Acrylathene Enamel, which after being
sprayed, it is placed in a large like oven that heats and cures the
Paint

I have a few scratches and scuff marks from launching.

I am not sure how to treat this type of paint.I have a PC 7424 xp, PADS, XMT PRODUCTS, MEGS DA MF KIT, COLLINITE 845
KLASSE AIO, KLASSE HG, PINNACLE PRODUCTS and a few others.

Flannigan
06-15-2011, 08:25 AM
This is great!! I have done a couple boats, but I would love to learn more about propper care and restoration of gel coats.

Mike Phillips
06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I have a 2007 Xpress alweld aluminum two tone bass boat.
It is moss green metallic and gulf sand.
The paint is High Gloss Acrylathene Enamel, which after being
sprayed, it is placed in a large like oven that heats and cures the
Paint

I have a few scratches and scuff marks from launching.

I am not sure how to treat this type of paint.I have a PC 7424 xp, PADS, XMT PRODUCTS, MEGS DA MF KIT, COLLINITE 845
KLASSE AIO, KLASSE HG, PINNACLE PRODUCTS and a few others.

Best thing to do is start your own, dedicated thread for your detailing project and questions versus tagging onto an "Announcement" thread with questions about a detailing project. Be sure to write a title that tells people what you're working on and what the problem is. If you have more than one project to topic then start a different thread for each topic or project, don't lump them all into one thread as you'll get more and better replies by separating the topics/projects.

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/29344-tip-help-yourself-get-great-answers-when-you-start-thread.html)

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

:xyxthumbs:

FastZR1
06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Good work.... I was trying to open that forum yesterday and it didn't work. Looks like I was a day to early to the grand opening.

dreamps
06-15-2011, 09:07 AM
awesome:)))

Perfections
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Cool maybe I'll start posting more boat projects, I really felt weird posting boats on a car forum lol

rwright
06-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Congrats Autogeek!

Cool maybe I'll start posting more boat projects, I really felt weird posting boats on a car forum lol

:hungry: please do

JSR
06-15-2011, 10:10 AM
This is going to get interesting!
Two wildly different environments to deal with. The toy boat, trailer driven, in the water a couple of times a year class vs the life in the water, used every weekend, omygod I didn't know salt and sun could do that, where did all of this surface area come from, pad eating nooks and crannies real boat class.
Two completely different sets of techniques and products to learn. I have a dinky little 20 foot center console (DENIAL, pictures to follow when I find them) that lives in a salt water marina here in SoCal and its a monster compared to my cars.
Using the Collinite Fiberglass cleaner and 3M Marine paste I am resting up for my third day of detailing just to do the fiberglass. Took a day to do the outer hull when it was on a trailer for service, another day to do the inner hull and resting up to do the center section. This does not even touch the metal work or fabric. Not something you want to do more than twice a year. For all of you Pro's out there you can make money in a marina but you are going to work for it. Key is to keep it maintained constantly.
Metal work will be a different topic. I have tried them all.
This is why I am waiting for a unrestricted 15% off free shipping sale to get a Flex and try the Iron-X. Oh pease do it soon!
Congratulations waterworks!