PDA

View Full Version : Too much spray wax?

Jay72
06-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey guys just need some advise. I have a 2008 Nissan Quest Silver in colour, anyways I bought the mothers line of wax products, the FX Synwax to be exact. Anyways what I would like to know is I have claybared the van, then used the Mother's pre wax cleaner and then applied the FX Synwax liquid wax, and it looks fantastic. But I also bought the FxSynwax Spraywax and I have been applying it once a week and I am wondering if that is overkill? I looks just as good as it did the day I applied the liquid wax by hand when I spray it, but do I need to use the spray wax that often? Or will just a good proper wash do the trick and keep the shine? It only takes me about 40 minutes to wash and apply the spray wax so that is why I was thinking it wouldn't hurt, but is it really needed?
Thanks so much for the help.

Jay

Flannigan
06-14-2011, 10:42 PM
It isn't necessary but it won't hurt either.

Dubbin1
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
It's not hurting a thing by doing that and chances are that by the time you're done washing the car the spray wax you put on it the last time is pretty much gone.

Flannigan
06-15-2011, 06:49 AM
It's not hurting a thing by doing that and chances are that by the time you're done washing the car the spray wax you put on it the last time is pretty much gone.
Yep, spray wax like that is meant to be a topper for another LSP, not a stand alone LSP.

Jay72
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys.

Crazy Amos
06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I use DGAW and love it. I spray it on the panel as I dry, then once the whole car is dry, I will spray some on the panel and spread it around with a red LC app pad allowing it to dry as I work my way around the car. Then buff off.

I stripped my wax and only used the AW, and have seen about 9 weeks of protection. I applied it 9 weeks ago and am still getting VERY slight beading. Time for more.

Jay72
06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks Troy, I too am having great results on my silver van. I had read on another forum how good the Mother Fx Synwax is on light coloured paint and it sure works good. Now that I have been doing so much reading here on AGO I am looking forward to buying some better products to see how much more I can get looks wise.

brawl
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Do layers of spray waxes mute the paint? What spray wax does and what does not?

john b
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I use DGAW and love it. I spray it on the panel as I dry, then once the whole car is dry, I will spray some on the panel and spread it around with a red LC app pad allowing it to dry as I work my way around the car. Then buff off.

I stripped my wax and only used the AW, and have seen about 9 weeks of protection. I applied it 9 weeks ago and am still getting VERY slight beading. Time for more.
are you useing a hand held pad on your second pass or red with pc?

Rsurfer
06-15-2011, 09:46 PM

So you haven't washed for 9 weeks?

WRAPT C5Z06
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Unless you're using AJT. :p

Jay72
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Ok got me again Mark what is AJT?? Too many short forms for this new guy!!! lol

Rsurfer
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Unless you're using AJT. :p
Still like AJT?

WRAPT C5Z06
06-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Still like AJT?
Tried it on a black Honda Pilot today. Very easy to use and didn't streak a bit! Love it so far!