PDA

View Full Version : ? on the meguires micro fiber correction system

Pages : [1] 2

c.maskelony
06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Can these backing plates and system work with the porter cables or do I need to get the meguires buffer. Anything on this system would be helpful. (pros and cons on the system wanted also.)

dougaross
06-14-2011, 07:30 PM
You can use any DA. Some think that flex doesn't produce best results

maxniman
06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I used my PCXP with the Megs supplied backing plate - nice system

Rei86
06-14-2011, 07:35 PM
You can use the backing plate that comes in the Meguiar's MF DA kit can be used on a PC, GG6, G110, UDM, Shurhold etc etc

rwright
06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Have you purchased a DA yet? If not I would highly consider the Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher as a first option. I started out with the PC XP with this system and after about 10 minutes I switched over to my Griot's and have continued to use it only. Do you have the ability to clean the pads with air? If not I believe the next method of choice is using the bug brick offered here and other places. It's called something like Safe Scrub Sponge. I only use air so I can't offer advice on the bug sponge or a brush.

c.maskelony
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes I have a Porter cable 7346, same thing as the XP
Yes I have air to clean pads and on day may get the grit guard pad washer

Have you purchased a DA yet? If not I would highly consider the Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher as a first option. I started out with the PC XP with this system and after about 10 minutes I switched over to my Griot's and have continued to use it only. Do you have the ability to clean the pads with air? If not I believe the next method of choice is using the bug brick offered here and other places. It's called something like Safe Scrub Sponge. I only use air so I can't offer advice on the bug sponge or a brush.

jamores23
06-14-2011, 08:11 PM
one thing i can tell you about the backing plate that comes with the mf system SUCKS!!! The pads dont stick to well. Also, if your going to switch over to a lake country pad to do your polishing your going to have to change the backing plate because it hardly sticks. I keep the same backing plate on and just throw on my LC pad but you will hear it flopping around when doing edges. I love the system though!

Jhaight11
06-14-2011, 08:54 PM
one thing i can tell you about the backing plate that comes with the mf system SUCKS!!! The pads dont stick to well. Also, if your going to switch over to a lake country pad to do your polishing your going to have to change the backing plate because it hardly sticks. I keep the same backing plate on and just throw on my LC pad but you will hear it flopping around when doing edges. I love the system though!
my backing plate sticks just fine:dunno:

dougaross
06-14-2011, 08:56 PM
:iagree:

jamores23
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I must have a bad one because my 3 in BP which is different than the one that came with the kit sticks. My LC BP and LC CCS PAD is almost impossible to take off..

IOMCAMARO
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm in the same boat with the OP. I have the Griot's 6" DA and I'm wandering if I should get the 5 or 6" system. I'm getting the starters kit either way to make sure that I like it. And how do I clean the MF pads?

5.4 Shelby
06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm in the same boat with the OP. I have the Griot's 6" DA and I'm wandering if I should get the 5 or 6" system. I'm getting the starters kit either way to make sure that I like it. And how do I clean the MF pads?
The Griots will turn the 6in, but, I prefer the 5in.

What part of Indiana? I am just north of Indy.

IOMCAMARO
06-14-2011, 09:45 PM
The farthest southeast city in Indiana. My town meets the border between Ohio and Kentucky lol.

05xrunner
06-14-2011, 10:07 PM
the Megs backing plate sucks for anything but the MF pads..i bought one and i used a Hydrotech on it..it doesnt have enough grip to hold the pad and the pad slipped around on the backing plate and caused it to get chewed up since the hook and loop is different on the foam pads vs the MF pads. So I wont use the Megs backing plate again and just sticking with my Lake Country BP because I am not switching back and forth just for 1 system of pads..the MF pads work just fine on the PC or Lake country BP.

C. Charles Hahn
06-14-2011, 10:12 PM

:iagree: