PDA

View Full Version : XMT Glaze Question

6LS2
01-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm doing my first detail tomorrow on my dads HSV VZ ClubsportIm the MAN

It's got some moderate swirls in some places, I'm going to try M#9 but if that doesnt work, I'm going to do XMT # 3 on a white pad and XMT # 1 on a gray pad ( seeing as the car is fairly new I don't want to use an orange pad )

Anyway, with the XMT Glaze, wouldn't the pad just abosorb most of it? Seeing as it's very runny? And, how do I know how much to use? Seeing as it's very runny I won't know how much I've put on the pad, so it's a little confusing. Thanks.

6LS2
P:S - Here is a pic of my dads car for all you HSV lovers! Im the MAN

http://i3.tinypic.com/2qsnf9x.jpg

BILL
01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/2qsnf9x.jpg[/quote]htt

BILL
01-16-2007, 08:50 AM
I just put 2 lines on the panel and smear it around then turn on the P.C.

Nica
01-16-2007, 09:30 AM
P:S - Here is a pic of my dads car for all you HSV lovers!

http://i3.tinypic.com/2qsnf9x.jpg

Um...maybe it's just me but does this picture look funny? Sorry don't mean to offend in anyway but either my eyes fail me or does it look funny

BILL
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Um...maybe it's just me but does this picture look funny? Sorry don't mean to offend in anyway but either my eyes fail me or does it look funny

YEAH, Your right........ the trunk lid looks like its off to the right side.....maybe its a reflection...:confused:

6LS2
01-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I blurred the backround lol, #### I just noticed the trunk aswell :-/

jsfofec
01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I blurred the backround lol, #### I just noticed the trunk aswell :-/

It's almost like an illusion. I think with the doors open, combined with the angle of the shot and the blurred background causes the illusion. At first I didn't think it was a real car, I thought it was a model.

Jimmie
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Bill's way is the way to go. I used it yesterday on my wife's car. I'd put it on a white Edge pad, and it would just disappear into the pad. It also tended to splatter so I just resorted to applying by hand. Turned out good.

Truls
01-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I would try the MG #9 first, then the XMT 1, it takes out a good amount of swirls. if that dont work, then try the XMT 3.

The glaze you can do by hand, it goes on easy.

And remember pictures, i like that car alot....

Surfer
01-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeh put it on the paint w/ maybe an applicator first and kinda spread, then a dap or two on the actual PC pad, I had the same issue, it absorbed immedietly into my Edge White finishing pad which I've never had an lliquid do before that fast. I talked to somebody else who uses LC pads and he said the same thing.

What I ended up doing was using a custom 4" blue pad Edge made for me last year that's extremely soft and even though absorbs the product I could still see it being worked into the paint. Using it on the white pad, I couldn't see anything and felt like I was dry buffing even though I wasn't.

Surfer
01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
bumpity bump, just wondering who else had problems with it absorbing way to fast in the pad?

Jimmie
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
bumpity bump, just wondering who else had problems with it absorbing way to fast in the pad?
I did Surfer. Same thing, it would just disappear. In an earlier post you said that you used it on a white pad. Me too. Did it stain your pad or did you get it all cleaned out? Great smell though, huh?

alban61
01-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I had that same problem with the XMT glaze absorbing way too fast into my gray LC pad. I just squeezed down on the pad after doing a couple of panels,and that brought the glaze back out to the surface, and I kept going from there. Added some more onto the pad from the bottle, when I couldn't bring anymore glaze up from the pad. It took a while to clean all that glaze out of that pad when I was done!! I never even thought of putting it on by hand, instead of the PC. :rolleyes:

Surfer
01-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I had that same problem with the XMT glaze absorbing way too fast into my gray LC pad. I just squeezed down on the pad after doing a couple of panels,and that brought the glaze back out to the surface, and I kept going from there. Added some more onto the pad from the bottle, when I couldn't bring anymore glaze up from the pad. It took a while to clean all that glaze out of that pad when I was done!! I never even thought of putting it on by hand, instead of the PC. :rolleyes:I think I'll do it by hand as well next time, I tried pressing the pad down and it would put some product back onto the panel, but the second I started up again I couldn't see anything, made me feel like I was dry buffing:o . Others said to work it in till you can't see it, but I couldn't see jack lol, I even used a little more then normal but didn't make a difference.

Worked so much better on the 4" pad.

ltoman
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
YEAH, Your right........ the trunk lid looks like its off to the right side.....maybe its a reflection...:confused:
toy cars dont usually have such good detail - pun - lol
duh
hee hee:p :D