PDA

View Full Version : New Marine Line Name Ideas? Suggestions wanted...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mike Phillips
06-14-2011, 08:32 AM
New Marine Line Name Ideas? Suggestions wanted...

As you know, we've launched a brand new Marine website (http://www.premiumboatcare.com/index.html) and there's going to be a lot of new and exciting projects coming up involving the marine world as besides car enthusiasts, we're also boating enthusiasts here at Autogeek.

In fact, just recently John Greviskis from Ship Shape TV paid us a visit as his studio and Marina are just a few blocks down the road from Autogeek and it was a genuine pleasure to both meet and talk with John about boats.

Max has always been a serious boating enthusiast having recently sold his previous boat about a year ago, which was a 28' Grady White Chase to make room for his new boat, a 31' Grady White 306 Bimini

I've been into boating ever since I was a kid as my Dad has always been into boating and has owned everything from runabout ski boats to a 25' Bayliner to his current boat which is a 18.5 Hewes Craft. I of course was his chief boat detailer. Since then I've owned two boats myself.

A couple other employees here at Autogeek also own their own boats so we're a family of car enthusiasts as well as boating enthusiasts.

For about a year now we've been working on a brand new Marine Line and we're to the point of making a decision on a name for the new line of products. Max always likes to hear from our forum members to see what their thoughts are so here's your chance to be creative and if you have any ideas for a name for our new line of Marine appearance and detailing products share them in this thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

CrownKote
06-14-2011, 08:58 AM
OOOOOHHHHHH Is there a "prize" in it for us? lol... J/K...

I think that something like Seabourne or Oceana would be good!

watson1000
06-14-2011, 09:07 AM
how about "Wet as Water"

Glenn

RTexasF
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Nautilus by PBMA - From dingy to yacht your search for superior marine appearance and detailing products ends here.

Is Max going with twins or triples with the powerplants?

natewood70
06-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Why don't you do PMP? Pristine Maritime Products?

We already have an acronym (PMP) so... I can already see people saying : I cleaned the gel coat with PMP #70!

Pristine defines and clearly creates the distinction that it will be clean and back to its orginal state.

Maritime refers to the sea...

Products covers the whole range of what could be available!

"Does your boat look dull, dirty, and just flat out tired?!?! Give your toy some much needed TLC with Autogeek's new line of products called PMP!!!!"

See where I am going with this?!?!

dreamps
06-14-2011, 09:23 AM
oooo i have to second nautilus!!! thats a great line for meguiars to use for the new marine line!

just check to see if b+w has that patented or not with their nautilus loud speakers

RTexasF
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
I can see the show on TV now PMP My Boat with Mike Phillips. Ok, maybe not.

natewood70
06-14-2011, 09:25 AM
I can see the show on TV now PMP My Boat with Mike Phillips. Ok, maybe not.

:dblthumb2: LOL... I didn't think of it like that... but why the hell not?!?!?!

It's catchy, can be used with many different groups (the youngins, and the old salts) and appeal on so many levels.

Straight forward and to the point... Your getting a pristine clean with PMP!

Mike Phillips
06-14-2011, 09:47 AM
PMP My Boat with Mike Phillips

Pimp my boat!

I read that and about spit out my coffee all over my keyboard...

Funny... :laughing:

Keep the ideas coming... I'm sure if a forum member comes up with an idea we use that Max will reward you... due credit where credit is due...

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
06-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Nautilus by PBMA - From dingy to yacht your search for superior marine appearance and detailing products ends here.

Is Max going with twins or triples with the powerplants?

Twins. I've only seen it once and all I remember was getting boat envy...

I can try to get a picture of his boat plus all the other staff members boats if there's any interest...

:)

dreamps
06-14-2011, 09:51 AM
ooo that would be a great thread. all the members of this forum can post their pics too:) i will have to position both my boats for a shoot:)

RTexasF
06-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Twins. I've only seen it once and all I remember was getting boat envy...

I can try to get a picture of his boat plus all the other staff members boats if there's any interest...

:)

That would certainly appeal to me. I've owned a few and sold powerboats for almost 20 years so it's in my blood. The price of a suitable tow vehicle with a decent rig behind it, not to mention fuel, has lowered me to boat envy status myself.

daveinsweethome
06-14-2011, 10:10 AM
ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

rwright
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
-Max Marine

-Pinnacle Marine or Pinnacle Marine Care

-DP Nautical

-Bow To Stern Premium Boat Care

CrownKote
06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
ho ho ho and a bottle of rum