PDA

View Full Version : Diluting Optimum Power Clean?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Dubbin1
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
See post 20 in this thread.

Dang Chris I have been telling people its LSP safe because of the post you made on your forum... Now you're saying its only kind of LSP safe but not really because it will remove some of it.

To me it doesn't really matter because If I'm using it on the paint I'll be waxing it anyway.

tchtax
06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks very much for your input guys.

I've been using 5:1 on LSP stripping 1st time. works for me though..but I followed up with a damp MF wipe to remove OPC. Maybe i should have shampooed the car again before new LSP.

Thanks again

WRAPT C5Z06
06-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe i should have shampooed the car again before new LSP.

I would! :xyxthumbs:

Chris Thomas
06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Dang Chris I have been telling people its LSP safe because of the post you made on your forum... Now you're saying its only kind of LSP safe but not really because it will remove some of it.

To me it doesn't really matter because If I'm using it on the paint I'll be waxing it anyway.

I'm sorry, I certainly didn't mean to mislead you. It didn't reduce the beading at all for me at 8:1 but that's not to say there wouldn't be a cumualative effect. I certainly think that for users that wash with ONR, use QDs, or use spray wax monthly it will be no problem.

rwright
06-14-2011, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't rely on any all purpose cleaner as being LSP safe, but that's just me.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't rely on any all purpose cleaner as being LSP safe, but that's just me.
:iagree:

Dubbin1
06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry, I certainly didn't mean to mislead you. It didn't reduce the beading at all for me at 8:1 but that's not to say there wouldn't be a cumualative effect. I certainly think that for users that wash with ONR, use QDs, or use spray wax monthly it will be no problem.

Not a problem buddy, thanks for sitting things strait.

dreamps
06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
anyone mix this w/their soap so while you're washing you can remove the lsp?

dreamps
06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
bump to the above question. can i add a few ounces of OPC to my gold class shampoo in a bucket(3-4 gallons) to remove lsp?

Dubbin1
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
bump to the above question. can i add a few ounces of OPC to my gold class shampoo in a bucket(3-4 gallons) to remove lsp?

You will have to figure out what its going to take to get you down to around 3:1 to be sure it removes the LSP. I don't think a few oz will get you there ;)

Maybe mix up a bottle at 3:1 and spray it on the paint as you work your way around washing it.

dreamps
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
hmmmm, i had a feeling that was going to be the answer:( ok i will most likely end up going that route

mg6045
06-17-2011, 07:14 PM
anyone mix this w/their soap so while you're washing you can remove the lsp?

I have added a decent amount (not sure maybe 6 oz's ?) into my wash bucket when I just cleaned a heavily soiled white car. It made removing the black run marks on the rocker panels much easier. Just to note, I did make sure I washed the car quickly with a sponge and a regular car wash shampoo after the APC/soap mixture. I did this to ensure that I removed all the residue as without a pressure washer "completely" removing a product like this and P21S TAW is a bit difficult to do with a regular hose.

Chris Thomas
06-17-2011, 08:48 PM

You could spray it directly on the panel and let it dwell for 30-60 seconds then wash the panel with your bucket wash. Just don't try to soak the whole vehicle at a time or it will dry on the surface leaving residue.

Jhaight11
06-17-2011, 09:04 PM
how much dilution would be safe for escaine (synthetic suede). i forgot to pick up some woolite so i need an alternative.

Jhaight11
06-17-2011, 10:06 PM
how much dilution would be safe for escaine (synthetic suede). i forgot to pick up some woolite so i need an alternative.
can i get a :bump::bump2: