PDA

View Full Version : Another advice on price thread

shadowstep
06-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey guys! It has been awhile since I have been actively posting on the boards. I have been doing more reading through the boards as oppose to responding. Well a little info on myself. I am a college student and work 3-4 days a week for my parents. I picked up detailing because I enjoy working on cars in anyway shape or form. I think detailing cars is a great way to past time and I enjoy doing so. After awhile of searching and reading I finally decided to start doing this part time. I will be starting this out through my friends and family and then branch from there. I have come up with some packages and have tried to include comparable services and prices with some of the others I have seen online. Please give me some feedback on the pricing/packages so I can adjust them properly. Thank you in advance!

Exterior -Express
-Cars Starting at $40
-Trucks/Vans/Suvs starting at $50
- hand wash
- wheels & wells cleaned
- tires dressed
- windows cleaned
-Caranuba spray wax
-vacuum

Exterior Delux
-Cars starting at $80
-Trucks/Vans/Suvs starting at $90
- hand wash
- wheels & wells cleaned/dressed
- tires dressed
- clay
- interior wiped down/dressed
- interior vacuumed
- windows cleaned
- machine wax
-Caranuba Paste Wax

Interior-Full
-Cars starting $80
-Trucks starting $90
-Cleaning: Starting at the head liner
-Vents, Controls, and Dashboard.
- Shampoo carpets and floor mats.
-Clean and Condition Seats
-Clean the trunk and or cargo area.
- Windows In & Out.

Interior-Express
-Cars starting $35
-Trucks starting 45
-Vacuum (includes trunk)
-Dash and Panels wiped down
-Windows Cleaned

Combination Packages (Car/Truck)
Express Exterior & Interior $70/$90
Express Exterior & Full Interior $115/$135
Deluxe Exterior & Express Interior $105/$125
Deluxe Exterior & Full Interior $150/$170

shadowstep
06-13-2011, 06:09 PM
please?

BobbyG
06-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Pricing

Your pricing seems in accordance with the services performed.

Basic exterior steps in order of operation.

Wash
Clay
Compound
Polish
Sealant
Wax

Paint

That said I think your Exterior Deluxe package should offer cleaning / correction step, even a 1-step product such as; Meguiar's D151, Klasse All-In-One, Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, or Prime Strong. This step is very important and will greatly impact the overall look of the finish by cleaning, removing light oxidation, and light swirls.

Sealants & Wax

Both of these products put the finishing touches to the finish preparation steps above. Do as much as you can using a dual action polisher including the application of sealants and waxes.

Paste waxes might sound luxurious but typically cost more and are more time consuming to apply. Take a good look at liquid waxes like Pinnacle Souveran or Collinite 845. These go on easily and effortlessly with a dual action polisher and either a blue or red pad.

Sealants are synthetic waxes and for the most part hold their own very well against and wax out there. Sealants such as Menzerna Power Lock, High Gloss Sealant Glaze, or Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant.

Trim

Exterior trim is a very important part of completeing an exterior detail. Ensuring that the trim is clean and richly treated confirms your desire for customer commitment and perfection. Ultima Tire & Trim Guard, Poorboy's World Trim Restorer, Four Star Ultimate Vinyl Protectant are a few of the products offered.

BobbyG
06-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Exterior -Express
-Cars Starting at $40
-Trucks/Vans/Suvs starting at $50
- hand wash
- wheels & wells cleaned
- tires dressed
- windows cleaned
-Caranuba spray wax
-vacuum

If an Express package for $40 included a complete wash, tires and wheels cleaned & dressed, and glassed cleaned I'd be tickled pink! You should remove the wax and vacuum from this option.

Exterior Deluxe
-Cars starting at $80
-Trucks/Vans/Suvs starting at $90
- hand wash
- clay
- wheels & wells cleaned
- tires cleaned
- tires treated
- windows cleaned
- machine wax

Exterior Deluxe shouldn't include interior detailing. Take a look at what I wrote in post #3 above. A Deluxe package is just that; allot of work making the finish look better than new.

Interior-Full
-Cars starting $80
-Trucks starting $90
-Cleaning the head liner
-Vents, Controls, and Dashboard.
-Apply interior protectant to all vinyl surfaces
-Shampoo carpets and floor mats.
-Clean and Condition Seats
-Clean the trunk and or cargo area.
-Windows .

Fine

Interior-Express
-Cars starting $35
-Trucks starting 45
-Vacuum (includes trunk)
-Dash and Panels wiped down
-Windows Cleaned

Combination Packages (Car/Truck)
Express Exterior & Interior $70/$90
Express Exterior & Full Interior $115/$135
Deluxe Exterior & Express Interior $105/$125
Deluxe Exterior & Full Interior $150/$170[/QUOTE]

How much real detailing experience do you have?
What equipment do you have?
What products do you have on hand?

shadowstep
06-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow I am such a dumbass... I just realized I posted this in the wrong sub forum T_T

shadowstep
06-13-2011, 08:16 PM
How much real detailing experience do you have?
What equipment do you have?
What products do you have on hand?

I've been done 4-6 cars already. I am not trying to do reach out to the public yet. I want to first reach out to friends and then branch out to their friends.

As far as equipment, I have quite a few things from AG. I got two buckets with grit guards, wash mitt, GG DA Polisher, Brushes, basically almost all of the required equipment needed to get the job done.

Products, I have quite a few products on hand to get those jobs done. As far as the soap for the wash, APC, Wheel Cleener, Window Cleaners, Upholstery & leather cleaner, and a whole bunch of other products.