PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland!!!

SOREBACK
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I stumbled acroos this incredible website and I couldn't wait to register. I just bought a 2012 Lava Red (looks black unless in direct sunlight then you can see red metallic), and I plan on just using it mainly for car shows. I noticed that when the dealer washed it I have some swirls (only visable under florescent light). Well I went out and spent a fortune with Zaino and I'm not happy with the product. Still see swirls after 5 coats of the swirl remover and the rest of process. There final step actually made my paint look foggy/hazy. I want to start fresh and have the depest, darkest swirl free paint. My car has never seen rain and only has 700 miles. PLEASE help. Also, I feel the polishing towels I bought 100% cotton made in India are scratching the paint. Can someone hook me up with a good "receipy" from start to finish with the products I should buy to give my car the deep dark shine I'm after. THANK YOU!!!

Mike Phillips
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi SOREBACK

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

This is the intro forum. You'll tend to get a lot more and a lot better answers to your questions if you take and copy and paste your questions about your detailing project and then start a dedicated thread for how-to questions in a forum group for how-to questions instead of tagging them onto your intro thread.

Also, another friendly suggestion is if you're working on more than one project, start a dedicated thread for each project, like this,

Need help removing swirls from my black truck?
Looking for product to create high gloss finish on my Corvette?

The reason for this is because you make it easier for all the friendly and helpful people on this forum to type out replies.

A good title that tells people what you're working on
A thread for each project
The Detailing 101 forum which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/)

:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I just bought a 2012 Lava Red...

Got your order in just under the gun, huh...Japan's tsunami virtually put the brakes on its production. Yours may be one of the last produced with that paint scheme for awhile!

spent a fortune with Zaino

What makes you think you won't be tempted do otherwise here? :D

My car has never seen rain and only has 700 miles.

:(:(:( Life's Too Short---Live, Love, Laugh, Be Happy, Drive Your Car!!!

Hi and welcome to AGO, Soreback. Why so sore? :)

Bob

dad07
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
:welcome:

SOREBACK
06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Had lower back surgery (titanium cage) and still isn't right. Thats why I went with SOREBACK ;)

james_death
06-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard....:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
06-15-2011, 06:11 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online....:props:

Hopefully the back will mend and your back becomes less troublesome.

You - Soreback
Me - Wounded Knee

Meghan
06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
:welcome:

Flannigan
06-16-2011, 08:16 AM
:welcome: to AGO. I'm sure that plenty of people will be able to offer some help with getting your car ready for a show! Good luck!