PDA

View Full Version : Car Detailer Needed

Pages : [1] 2

toos00
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Hello,

Any recommendations for someone in the Bourbonais, IL area?

Thanks

ride5150
06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
too bad you're not closer to chicago, id do it :xyxthumbs:

what are you looking to have done?

ryankokesh
06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
yeah, I'd do it too if you were closer to chicago... ride5150 would probably do a better job though :p

Kaleb G.
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd help as well, but I'm a good hour and a half sw of you.

toos00
06-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks, I was looking for a complete exterior detail. I found a guy in my area that I'm going to try. Going to do a clay, wax, polish, and sealent. His cars look great, we will see. Thanks for help.

nyc
06-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Any of pros near Queens,NYC - my pops got an old Volvo that needs a lot of help.

ride5150
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM
yeah, I'd do it too if you were closer to chicago... ride5150 would probably do a better job though :p

why thank you for the compliment sir:P

I'd help as well, but I'm a good hour and a half sw of you.

next time the three of us can meet up and do it, ill bring beer:P

Thanks, I was looking for a complete exterior detail. I found a guy in my area that I'm going to try. Going to do a clay, wax, polish, and sealent. His cars look great, we will see. Thanks for help.

perfect, hope it comes out great. post pics :xyxthumbs:

StephenK
06-15-2011, 04:24 PM

what are you expecting your car to look like after this detail? if he is just gonna polish then there is a very good chance not all the swirl marks/scratches are gonna be gone. just giving you a heads up so you are not disappointed by expecting more than what is actually offered by him. depending on the polish/pad/machine combo he may get as much as about 80% -85% of the swirls out. this will also depend on hardness of your clear coat as well as his skills.

Kaleb G.
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
next time the three of us can meet up and do it, ill bring beer:P

I'd love to meet with you guys. If any of you guys venture down to Bloomington let me know!

toos00
06-15-2011, 05:53 PM
what are you expecting your car to look like after this detail? if he is just gonna polish then there is a very good chance not all the swirl marks/scratches are gonna be gone. just giving you a heads up so you are not disappointed by expecting more than what is actually offered by him. depending on the polish/pad/machine combo he may get as much as about 80% -85% of the swirls out. this will also depend on hardness of your clear coat as well as his skills.

I was hoping to have my car look as close to new as possible. That glass wet look, by no means is my car in horrible condition. He said that he was going to clay, buff, polish and seal. Also said he will wet sand if needed. Any suggestions or questions I should ask. Thanks for the help.

StephenK
06-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I was hoping to have my car look as close to new as possible. That glass wet look, by no means is my car in horrible condition. He said that he was going to clay, buff, polish and seal. Also said he will wet sand if needed. Any suggestions or questions I should ask. Thanks for the help.

so he is gonna compound and polish? ask him what you should expect the finish results to look like? is he gonna remove all the swirls and scratches? have him point out any scratches that may not be removed or any other problems they may still be there after detail is done. ask him to explain his process so you have an understanding of what he will be doing. ask him to see some of his other work with before and after pic. for some how much expierence the person has is more important then the finish work. i have actually talk to a guy at a car show about the buffer trails in his car and he said his detailer said it must be a paint defect and was nothing he could do about it. i informed him that those marks were from the buffer and improper technique. first words out of his mouth were asking me how much expierence i have. i told him about 15 years and he actually looked at me and said his guy has over 20 years in the buisness and that i was wrong. so sometimes the amount of expierence is not really that important as far as i am concerned but it is a good selling point to tell future customers i have 15 years. anyways to get back on track. i am sure once he starts answering some of these questions you will come up with your own. just remember you do not detail cars so you do not understand everything like he does so if you think he is gonna think one of your questions is dumb ask it anyways.

toos00
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
so he is gonna compound and polish? ask him what you should expect the finish results to look like? is he gonna remove all the swirls and scratches? have him point out any scratches that may not be removed or any other problems they may still be there after detail is done. ask him to explain his process so you have an understanding of what he will be doing. ask him to see some of his other work with before and after pic. for some how much expierence the person has is more important then the finish work. i have actually talk to a guy at a car show about the buffer trails in his car and he said his detailer said it must be a paint defect and was nothing he could do about it. i informed him that those marks were from the buffer and improper technique. first words out of his mouth were asking me how much expierence i have. i told him about 15 years and he actually looked at me and said his guy has over 20 years in the buisness and that i was wrong. so sometimes the amount of expierence is not really that important as far as i am concerned but it is a good selling point to tell future customers i have 15 years. anyways to get back on track. i am sure once he starts answering some of these questions you will come up with your own. just remember you do not detail cars so you do not understand everything like he does so if you think he is gonna think one of your questions is dumb ask it anyways.

Ok, not sure about the compound. Stated that he has done a lot of paint rejuvenation work. He uses some Meguiars products, but said he uses the best products for each step, not just meguiars.

Flash Gordon
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
< :nervous:

Stated that he has done a lot of paint rejuvenation work.

toos00
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
< :nervous:

What makes you nervous?

slickooz
06-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Any of pros near Queens,NYC - my pops got an old Volvo that needs a lot of help.

Where in queens? I go to queens once in a while to visit family. I'm from NJ.