PDA

View Full Version : Micro Fiber Towels & Cquartz

Gotapen
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

this is the question for people who have used CQuartz on their cars... when buffing off the CQuartz do you guys throw away the MF towel or do you try and salvage them with the residue of the CQ on it and wash them with a MF towel rejuvenator?

and also do you need to use the buffing MF towel or can you use any MF towel to buff the CQ off.....

thanks in advance!
stephen:xyxthumbs:

CleanGene
06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I applied CQuartz to a black Nissan Maxima this past weekend and only used one older MF to buff the residue off. I'll probably just throw it away. I doesn't hardened as quickly as you might think. Looks good if you like the high gloss, mirror-like look. One thing I will caution you on is to not apply it when the humidity is high. It started raining while I was applying it (in my garage) and I had to stop and start again the next morning.

Dubbin1
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Toss the MF in a strong APC mixture after using and it should be fine.

Flannigan
06-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Toss the MF in a strong APC mixture after using and it should be fine.
:iagree:
I've done it a few times and used the towels again with no signs of marring the paint.

HeavyMetal
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Used an older one, didn't get hard on me.

Flannigan
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think it will get "hard" but it may form some crystals in it that could mar the paint.

Avi@CarPro
06-13-2011, 11:48 AM

The MF will not get crystallized , only the suede small mf, the 10cm one.

use the APC cleaning system , it should be fine.

Gotapen
06-13-2011, 11:51 AM
awesome thanks for the info!! i will be applying the CQ on later today hopefully all goes well

richy
06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
I advised Avi on this last year when the instructions were to discard them after use: immediately after use (the product will crystalize in minutes), toss them in a pail with a strong APC solution. That will save them. Same goes for OC too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk