PDA

View Full Version : new coats on SS paint?

Tom Weed
06-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Okay, I've done 2 vehicles now with OC and one with CQuartz, all turned out really well, although on my personal vehicle the lighting wasn't great when i was trying to finish up and left a couple of high spots that I will need to rebuff, strip and reapply. I love the look and how easy they are to wash, especially when you turn the power washer on them and the water just beads off. After applying CQuartz about a month ago on the gf's car, I washed it, the surface didn't feel slick at all, I went over it with Reload and it made a huge difference and slickness and appearance, darkened the paint. I washed it again this weekend and I could tell the Reload was still on the car as it still was slick feeling and washing it was a breeze. So, finally to my question, can these coatings be applied to SS paint?

dougaross
06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
High spots on OC may be removed by polishing with Poli-seal using a red or blue pad or something more aggressive if necessary.

C. Charles Hahn
06-13-2011, 12:25 PM
As far as I have been told, Opti-Coat can be used on Single Stage paint and it should help protect against oxidation/etc. Not sure about CQuartz in that same context.

richy
06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes they can for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
06-13-2011, 05:32 PM
I've used OC2 on my Jimmy and it has single stage enamel. I polished first using Hyper-Polish, then wiped surface clean with something, don't remember if it was Opti-Clean, water dampened towel or IPA.

Seem to work, paint was shiny and I don't see any visible oxidation since I did this and it was before DetailFest.

:)

Tom Weed
06-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks much everyone! :dblthumb2: