PDA

View Full Version : Natty red didnt work so well

05xrunner
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
So yesterday i made an attempt to wax the car. I washed it the night before and was bored so i went out to the garage to wax it next day..I applied the natty on the hood with my polishing pal and red pad just like I do when i am using Souveran or Fuzion. it kinda almost seemed like it was dusting just from that..So I put it on the hood..gave it a little to dry and then i removed it. It didnt come off very easy and was applied thin. Also it streaked all over the paint. I had to spray it down with the Opti-Clean to remove the streaking. I quit after I did the hood because it was windy out and kept blowing crap into my garage and dust kept settling on my paint. I think i might give it another try today I just dont know what to try differently to see if it doesnt streak this time.

02CAMSS
06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Red needs to be applied very thin and I mean very, very thin. The only time I have had any dusting with red is when I used it in direct sun.Did I mention it has to be applied in a very thin coat.

05xrunner
06-13-2011, 08:52 AM
yea I do very thin on all my wax so its not something new to me...I dont get the staining.

Rob T
06-13-2011, 03:03 PM
I've had similar issues with Natty's Red. I traded it away.

embolism
06-13-2011, 03:07 PM
does the blue dust in the sun? I got the PBBH and NB combo in case I wanted to work in the sun...

James K
06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
I have always applied Nattys Red with my bare hands. I have never had a streaking or dusting problem that way. I have never tried it any other way so I van not comment on that.

chuckr
06-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I used Natty Red for years, never had an issue. I applied it with a damp microfiber pad with very good results. the reason I switched was a
longevity issue...needed something that lasted longer, went with Dodo Banana Armour....very happy!

Dubbin1
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I haven't used my red for a while now but I don't recall having any issues with it.

02CAMSS
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
does the blue dust in the sun? I got the PBBH and NB combo in case I wanted to work in the sun...

It dust a little not a whole lot.

BobbyG
06-13-2011, 05:11 PM
So I put it on the hood..gave it a little to dry and then i removed it. It didnt come off very easy and was applied thin. Also it streaked all over the paint. I think i might give it another try today I just dont know what to try differently to see if it doesnt streak this time.

Natty's Red is a nice wax and the way you describe the issues indicates that it may not have been applied thin enough but more then likely it wasn't thoroughly dry before you buffed it off.

"Apply Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax by hand or with a polisher. If using a polisher, apply the wax to a finishing pad as if you’re buttering bread. Apply a thin coat at a low speed over one panel at a time. Allow a light haze to form and buff it off using a Cobra Microfiber Towel or a bonnet."

Finemess
06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I haven't used my red for a while now but I don't recall having any issues with it.

Ditto.

NewShockerGuy
08-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Just applied red for the first time and I'm pissed.

There are some spots on my white paint that are red or tintof red and I can't get the ref off!

Fuming right now if this stained my paint. I used klasse sealant before this and let it dry for an entire day. The wax was on for maybe an hour....

Arg

Nigel

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Just applied red for the first time and I'm pissed.

There are some spots on my white paint that are red or tintof red and I can't get the ref off!

Fuming right now if this stained my paint. I used klasse sealant before this and let it dry for an entire day. The wax was on for maybe an hour....

Arg

Nigel

Thank you for calling us Nigel

The bottle of Pro Polish should be arriving soon to chemically clean the staining off.

Like I mentioned on the phone this has happened all of 4 times (including you) out of the thousands and thousands of Jars we have sold since the introduction of Natty's Red. Subaru and Honda in particular.

Please keep me updated and call me if you have any further questions while using the Pro Polish.

-Chris

NewShockerGuy
08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Chris,

Forgot I posted in this thread!

I updated my orginal one but not this one...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/68643-natty-s-red-staining-white-car-help-please.html

Ya can tell I was a little worried at 2:30am...rofl!

Can't wait to get the polish and apply it. Thank you again for being so helpful and generous!

Wish more companies went the extra mile like you have shown me so far!

It's much appreciated it. I'll take pics once it's all done :-)

-Nigel