PDA

View Full Version : who uses a chemical sprayer for their detailing??

qaz393
06-12-2011, 11:00 PM
what sizes and how many do you have and what is in them??

XSFDetail
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
My current shop is at a dealership, so things are slightly different, as speed is required more then accuracy. We use 1/2 gal hand pump sprayers for the tire dressing....very sloppy, we use hand pump 2 gal garden sprayers for engine degreaser, and for a presoak we use, then we have susre shot sprayers for the fabric prottection.
In my own shop there was nothing more then bottles with trigger sprayers, accuracy was all important, and time was not as big a factor.

weavers
06-13-2011, 01:35 AM
i love those chemical sprayers. I have three.

A 2 gallon with onr(wash solution) i use this to pre rinse cars, as clay lube. its great. often times i just fill it to one gallon because its lighter and easier to handle.

I have a 32 oz with ONR(wash soultion) for clay lube and for door jams. spray a mf towel and wipe down door jams. works great. sometimes i will pre spray wheels with onr and then clean.

Lastly a 64oz with purple power degreaser 1:4. I don't like how big this one is. its flimsy with the plastic bottle when its filled. I cracked the handle already actually. got with 32oz sizes. Anyways this gets used seldom. if I detail an engine bay its a godsend. or a dirty interior, carpets seats and that need alot of degreaser. sometimes i switch it apc 1:15, just depends.

get a couple of 32 oz sizes or smaller. and a large 1 or 2 gallon one. i use to only have 1 32 oz size for onr and i use half of it up on a prerinse and its a bother to always be refilling so i got the 2 gallon. i am thinking about retiring the 64oz one and buying two 32oz ones. i want one with IPA/distiled water for wipe downs before wax and for cleaning windows.

DHCrocks
06-13-2011, 02:35 AM
I have a half gallon pump up insecticide sprayer I use to apply a presoak coat of ONR with. love it saves time and is so much easier. it lays down a nice wide and fine spray. it's just the right size it's light enough and maneuverable. I used to use a 2 gals one with a hose and wand but it was clumbersome.

Cat ji
06-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Good thread idea. Thanks.

I've been buying some spray bottles at the garden section of the store...trying to figure out how many i need. Yesterday i bought a small Gardena pump sprayer, to use for prewash "soak".

Any comments regarding the various spray bottles autogeek sells would be helpful too.

James K
06-13-2011, 05:27 AM
I use the pressurized 54oz garden sprayers. I have 4 of them. ONR is Zep citrus at 4:1, another at 10:1, a third is waterless wash and a fourth is Rinseless wash at clay Lu e strength.

James K
06-13-2011, 05:28 AM
OOh, I forgot I just added a fifth for under carriage spray.

05xrunner
06-13-2011, 07:02 AM
i have a half gallon one I got at Home depot for my APC+

TheCougarGuy
06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
i have a half gallon one I got at Home depot for my APC+

Same here. About 8 bucks.

Rav777
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
I use them for applications of diluted wheel acid on those really dirty wheels. I cant use regular sprayers because it eats up the internals. Pretty strong stuff