PDA

View Full Version : Interior

Pages : [1] 2

Prophizee
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey guys I have a brand new BMW m3 coupe just a few weeks old... What is the best leather conditioner you guys can recommend. I would prefer one that doesn't have any type of smells, I want to keep the new car smell.
Best regards

AeroCleanse
06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I use GTechniq L1

00celica
06-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Check out the Wolfgang Leather Care Cockpit Kit. Very nice and easy to use products. As far as the odor goes, it does have a scent, but not overwhelming or abrasive.

Prophizee
06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Anything you would recommend over the counter?

poweraid
06-12-2011, 11:04 PM
u can find lexal over the counter at auto parts stores.

Ted S.
06-13-2011, 12:19 AM
If you want the best:

Leatherique 32oz leather cleaner conditioner kit contains Leatherique leather care & restoration products. (http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html)

CEE DOG
06-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Ultima Interior Guard Plus or L1 for protecting finished leather

UIGP offers better protection from liquid, sweat, etc.

L1 is just the very slightest bit darker (only visible if you use them right next to each other on the same seat).

L1 claims to protect the leather from dye transfer (if you have a lighter color leather)

Crazy Amos
06-13-2011, 08:18 AM
If you want the best:

Leatherique 32oz leather cleaner conditioner kit contains Leatherique leather care & restoration products. (http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html)

Love this stuff.

Flash Gordon
06-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Connelleys Hyde Food

This does have a nice leathery scent ^ but it wears off in a couple of days

CrownKote
06-13-2011, 09:04 AM
If you want the best:

Love this stuff.

Connelleys Hyde Food

This does have a nice leathery scent ^ but it wears off in a couple of days

Perfect products! I use the leatheriqe in my Z3 and the Connelleys in my Rover! both great products that I have sed... As for the others I have used Lexol in my Vette but honestly I did not like it as much as the above products... It does work well in my wife's Saturn

Never used the L1 or the WG stuff Would love to though!

FUNX650
06-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey guys I have a brand new BMW m3 coupe just a few weeks old... What is the best leather conditioner you guys can recommend. I would prefer one that doesn't have any type of smells, I want to keep the new car smell.
Best regards

What leather components (such as: seating areas) in your vehicle are wanting to condition? If these leather components are "protected leather" they do not need conditioning---a maintenance schedule of: proper cleaning followed by a protectant should/will suffice, IMO.

Some "smells" (usually: fragrances) associated with leather care products are due to the 'oils/essences' that make-up these fragrances. These also, IMO, are not necessarily good or intended for the correct maintenance of protected leather. Besides that---some people are allergic to certain fragrance "smells". :)

Good to start your leather maintenance routine when the vehicle is new!

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Leather Masters protection Cream - Matte Finish

Prima Nourish - Sheen Finish

Both of these can be used on all types of leather. You never know what kind of leather you're going to run into.

Flash Gordon
06-13-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't think anything is going to actually help if you have coated leather

It does make it look nice though

CEE DOG
06-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think anything is going to actually help if you have coated leather

It does make it look nice though

Thats why I consider Ultima IGP and L1 to be tops for this. It protects the coating so the coating can protect the leather for many moons. Well, at least I believe that. Im the MAN

WRAPT C5Z06
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Thats why I consider Ultima IGP and L1 to be tops for this. It protects the coating so the coating can protect the leather for many moons. Well, at least I believe that. Im the MAN
Makes sense to me. :props: