PDA

View Full Version : McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner - MC1275

A.P.A.D.
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Thinking about buying this steamer. what do you guys think?

it is only $97.09 w/free shipping at target, so it seems like a really good price.

i am planning on using it for door jams, stubborn carpet stains, and engine cleaning. right now my detailing is a side gig, probably a couple cars a week.

yay or nay?!

Feed back please

:thankyousign:

maximus20895
06-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I heard it's one of the best in it's class.

It's a couple dollars cheaper at Walmart I think. Don't be in a hurry as there isn't a special sale going on with it.

A.P.A.D.
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
$96.51 shipped with wallyworld! so that will save me $0.58. every little bit helps!

have u seem this steamer on special sale before?

Porsche Pilot
06-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I have one. It is no Vx5000 but for the price and size the darn thing works really well. I am pleased and have not regretted the purchase.

RTexasF
06-12-2011, 09:02 PM
$95.54 on Amazon with free shipping.

Scarelane
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Hhhmmm....I would like to try one!

A.P.A.D.
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
leaning toward the SteamFast Heavy-Duty Canister Steam Cleaner, SF-275 from walmart. same thing and price as the mcculloch, just different color to match the garage a little better lol!

Da Fats
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Never assume something is the same... I'd stick with the tried and true... my mcclough has lasted 3 years now without one issue... just gotta remember to blast the line clear if its had a little down time

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

matth9
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Costco has the Wagner steamer (same thing) for $50

wildjyoung
06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I bought one two weeks ago and it has made detailing sooo much easier. My customers seem to really love it too. I guess they see a cloud of steam and instantly think everything is cleaner.

The McCulloch has performed very well and always has ample steam. One tank lasts for quite a while as well.

TLMitchell
06-13-2011, 12:51 AM
leaning toward the SteamFast Heavy-Duty Canister Steam Cleaner, SF-275 from walmart. same thing and price as the mcculloch, just different color to match the garage a little better lol!

Never assume something is the same... I'd stick with the tried and true... my mcclough has lasted 3 years now without one issue... just gotta remember to blast the line clear if its had a little down time

The McCollough 1275, Wagner 905 & SteamMax SF275 are all made by SteamFast. Different colors and attachments, other than that they're identical. Attachments etc are available direct from SteamFast and they're interchangeable.

Certainly not as capable as a professional model but good for the price. I found I was using the floor attachments frequently and ended up picking up a dedicated Haan floor steamer. The McCollough is a bit of a pain to drag out empty out after use for small, quick jobs.

Paul Dalton posted a link to this thing elsewhere that uses dry ice... guess he's going to be the first one on his block.

YouTube - ‪Polarjet 600 Trailer Master‬‏ (http://youtu.be/5dfMgxBHZ9g?t=22s)

TL

JSMet
06-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I am thinking about buying a vapor steam cleaner for use in the home as well as the car, and I wanted to get one that I could depend on using for a couple of years at least. I am leery about buying something that will fall apart on me, so I was leaning toward a VC 3000 or a VX 5000 because of their reputations as quality products with 2 year warranties on parts and labor. But they are pretty expensive. ($600 - $800) From what you are saying about the Steamfast and McCullouch steamers maybe I can save some money by considering them.

Pats300zx
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I love mine. Got it on a deal on Slick Deals via Amazon for $50 shipped :)

TLMitchell
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
I am thinking about buying a vapor steam cleaner for use in the home as well as the car, and I wanted to get one that I could depend on using for a couple of years at least. I am leery about buying something that will fall apart on me, so I was leaning toward a VC 3000 or a VX 5000 because of their reputations as quality products with 2 year warranties on parts and labor. But they are pretty expensive. ($600 - $800) From what you are saying about the Steamfast and McCullouch steamers maybe I can save some money by considering them.

I think that's probably everyone's thought that buys the lower priced unit... see how often you use it, it's capabilites and shortcomings and possibly upgrade if you need more. I usually find I've shot myself in the foot when I try to go cheap. So far, so good with the McCollough.

TL

ride5150
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
i have a mccullouch, works pretty well although i dont use it too much.