PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Mat cleaning

spitshine1
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
What is the best way to get my mats looking prestine??
I have been just air drying them but it looks like i need to wipe them down with a towel, and maybe dress with something. I am getting water stains.
Thanks again!

James K
06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't dress them because I don't want to get dressing on my feet then on the pedals. What I do is dry them with my leaf blower or metro sidekick.

MDetail
06-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Maybe just some quick interior detailer like megs quick interior detailer or 1z cockpit?

slickooz
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't dress them because I don't want to get dressing on my feet then on the pedals. What I do is dry them with my leaf blower or metro sidekick.

+1

Leaf blower works real well and fast.

Mike Burke
06-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I like to use a APC like Megs APC+ 10:1 and let it dwell a few minutes and then just use a soft brush to scrub them a little and then blow dry....look almost like new.

shrtbull
06-11-2011, 10:44 PM
I have been Lexol Premium Protectant for rubber. Spray it on, use a microfiber towel and a paint brush to spread it out.

Gary

-Longhorn-
06-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I use megs degreaser let sit for 5 mins then take out my pc where I have an attachment thats a scrubber and clean them and they look brand new. Had same mats for 5 years through MN winters and they look brand new every year. Get that attachment brush as it will cut your interior carpet cleaning time down as well if you do it for clients.