PDA

View Full Version : p21s 100% wax

mad666max_
06-11-2011, 10:25 AM
tried that wax last week. application was a breeze and gave a great shine. it's been 1 week now since application, washed the car yesterday and there was no sheeting almost no beading. the car is my daily driver, it's been nice here for the whole week exept 1 rain storm.

is it normal?

Mike Phillips
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I would have thought that in the scenario you laid out that you would see a little more water beading longer as P21S is known for being good at making water beading.

Washing micro-abrades wax off the surface of paint, you can do things to make washing very non-aggressive and you can do things to make washing very aggressive so that's a variable in how long a coating of wax will last.

So car washes might hinder water beading if they leave any kind of residue behind.

Was the paint in excellent condition before you applied the wax? The reason I'm asking is because P21S is a "finishing" wax, that means it contains no cleaners and should only be applied to paint that is in excellent condition, that is clean, smooth and clear.

:)

mad666max_
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I fully detailed the car about 2.5 months ago(4 steps). washed it each week since with 2 bucket method(sheepskin mitt and meg's gold class soap).

the day I waxed my car with the p21s 100% wax i did a full car clay bar treatment to remove contaminents and didnt had much.

the car always sleeps outside and is my daily driver.

Is the method I used for application the problem? I used wax on wax off with a handjobber(wolfgang) and a red pad. I was outside in the sun but I tried to do the side of the car that was to the opposite of the sun then turned the car around. top hood and trunk was in full sun but did it quickly, was a sunny day, about 80°f

PBoy
06-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I gave up on "beauty waxes" on daily drivers.

Been using Meg #26 over UPP. Caved this week and bought #845. Will maintain with FK 425 for a little extra shine.

mad666max_
06-11-2011, 02:29 PM
When I detailed the car, I've put a layer of DP poly seal and then a layer of fuzion.

I wanted to try p21s later to give a nice shine and to maintain the beauty of my paint. My plan was to do some p21s wax each month but I think i'll stick with fuzion.

BobbyG
06-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Caved this week and bought #845.

You're gonna be sorry!! :laughing:

Once you see how wet it leaves the finish, how long it protects, and how little it costs you're going to scratch your head and wonder why you have all those other waxes....and how much they cost you.....:dunno:

May all time favorite wax.........Collinite 845 :props:

Mike Phillips
06-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Is the method I used for application the problem? I used wax on wax off with a handjobber(wolfgang) and a red pad.

Manufactures instructions say to just let it start to haze and then wipe off. Some products bond to the paint in part through the drying process. Wiping off too soon could mean... wiping off the product. Also, warm or hot temperatures will tend to make the product more liquid than solid and wipe-of more thorough because the product is more easily "worked" in it's warm condition.

I was outside in the sun but I tried to do the side of the car that was to the opposite of the sun then turned the car around. top hood and trunk was in full sun but did it quickly, was a sunny day, about 80°f

It's always best to work on a cool surface in the shade, even for products that work well in the sun, they will still work better on a cool surface in the shade.

Try re-applying to a cool surface in the shade or get up early and work on your car in the cool of the morning, before the sun moves too far up in the sky.

Also, do apply a thin coating, but try to let it dry to a light haze before buffing it off. P21S acts a lot like M16 in that if you apply a thick coat it's a bear to wipe off so don't apply a thick coat. But like M16, if you let it dry to a haze before wiping it off, you'll tend to leave more of it on the surface. I've used a lot of M16 in my life and that's my first hand experience.

:)

Da Fats
06-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Throw the Coli 845 or 915 over DG 105/601... and your golden for a LONG time... no more one week rewax worries for you ;) I am also pretty impressed with DP policoat... its got decent cleaning ability.. and I am hoping the bonding agent + sealant makes for some durable protection for my quick wash and wax jobs.

ack on track! it is hard to believe any LSP couldn't make it a week outside on a DD thats a step up from OTC. Had to be an application, removal, or rewash issue