PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

Prophizee
06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
What's going on guys. I just got a new car a few weeks ago. I clayed it polished waxed etc. But now I got a quick question my car is not a daily actually I only drive on the best of days I was wondering what tire dressing would you recommend for car that sits a while. Something that look amazing after after a few weeks of sitting. Now I know this is stupid but I tried that black magic titanium wet gel. But wow the gel feels so cheap the shine even cheaper... Any advice.
*sorry for typos. I am doing this trough my phone...best regards*

Dubbin1
06-11-2011, 09:51 AM
DP Gloss Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html)

James K
06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Do you like shine or do you want a matte finish?

I am a matter finish type guy. My two favorites are Mothers Reflections Advance Tire Care, and Optimum Opti Bond diluted 1:1 with water.

When I do need gloss I reach for DP Gloss Tire Gel or Mothers Back To Black Tire Shine.

Mentalm
06-11-2011, 10:40 AM
ive used alot of products myself. but ive been sticking with NXT tire shine lately it lasts for a long time. i just put some on my car today and it really didnt even need it from the last time i used it about 3 weeks ago but i did notice stuff likes to stick to it more so than others ive tried so if u live in a windy area i wouldnt use it . but if not it would be my first pick out of all the others ive tried.

Gondee
06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Griots long lasting tire dressing seems to work great for me. One coat makes the tire nice and blak with only a little shine, 2 makes them very glossy and deep. =D

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

CrownKote
06-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Go for the PERL (http://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-protectant.html) It works great! I used the sample a friend got on his car a month ago and it looks like the day I put it on! leaves a nice matte coat if done right and will last a while no sticky mess no debris attracting to it etc...

BTW what kind of car did you get?

dad07
06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
+2 on the opti-bond 1:1

BobbyG
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I just posed this the other day and it might give you some insight,

Tire Products

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 5 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray. Now, unlike Hot Wheels tire spray both the Pinnacle and Wolfgang tire products last!

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard is a great product and unlike when it's used on trim, tires require a bit more product to obtain a uniform satin long lasting look. This is probably the longest lasting product among the ones I've listed.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as shinny as the three above.

By the way; Welcome to Autogeek Online!!

Prophizee
06-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I love mothers products actually the back to black is good? It does not look cheap does it ?
Best regards

James K
06-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I love mothers products actually the back to black is good? It does not look cheap does it ?
Best regards

Not in my opinion. I dont have any with me or I would dress a tire and take a pic. It gives a nice gloss, but not the wet look. I apply, let dwell, and wipe off gently. Make sure you get the tire shine and not regular back.to black.

Prophizee
06-11-2011, 11:07 PM
@cobra fan...I tried the mother back to black tire gel and loved it. If anyone else is interested I can post a pic of the tire it looks great. Also on another note, by brother had the optima tire gel, tried that as well def liked the mothers better but that just a personal opinion. But the optima did look good.
Best regards and thanks everyone for all the great tips and advice really appreciate it.

James K
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Glad I could help and glad you liked it!!!